Topic author
Cartman
Chef de patrouille
Chef de patrouille

Spitfire français.

Message par Cartman »

je viens de tomber sur ce profil:

La légende dit :Supermarine Spitfire Mk I - French Air Force 1940
Je n'étais pas au courant que la France avait eu des Spits en 1940. Quelqu'un peut m'apporter ses lumières?

Rodolphe
Pilote Confirmé
Pilote Confirmé

Message par Rodolphe »

Seul Mk I fourni à la france avant guerre pour évaluation .

0rion
Jeune Pilote
Jeune Pilote

Message par 0rion »

Peut être des spits mis à disposition par la RAF pour l'AdA qui avait regagné les territoires alliés suite à la défaite.
Pilote ops JTFF

W11 /I7-7700 CPU 3.60 GHz /32G RAM DDR4 / NVIDIA GTX 3070 / Track ir 5/ Palo Saitek/ HOTAS Warthog/ Skillkorp 33" / HP REVERB G2

Topic author
Cartman
Chef de patrouille
Chef de patrouille

Message par Cartman »

Effectivement recherche faite sur l'immatriculation "FWB" c'est bien un exemplaire d'évaluation.

Rob1
Pilote Confirmé
Pilote Confirmé

Message par Rob1 »

Les pilotes d'essais Rozanoff et Détroyat avaient testé un Spit en 1938, c'est peut-être ca. Leur conclusion était que l'appareil était plus difficile à piloter et moins maniable que le Morane, malgré ses gros avantages en vitesse et puissance de feu.

Rodolphe
Pilote Confirmé
Pilote Confirmé

Message par Rodolphe »

Spitfire F.01 was a Mk.I sent to France for trials and was subsequently captured by the Germans.

This was the only Spitfire NOT to have an RAF serial allocated to it (as far as I'm aware anyway)

This Spitfire, the 251st produced, was actually captured...?

It was given the B Condition marking N.21 for test flying, then 01, and the last picture has it coded FW8. Although reported as being burnt at Orleans to prevent it falling into German hands it does appear to have survived for a while in a delapidated state. There has (to my knowledge) never been any proof that the Germans took it on.

The 251st production aircraft, first flown 25/06/1939 with B class Reg No. N-21 direct from makers to France - arrived French AF and TOC as F.01 on 18/07/1939; At Orleans (marked "FWB"), burnt 06/1940; Remains captured by Germans 06/1940

Rodolphe
Pilote Confirmé
Pilote Confirmé

Message par Rodolphe »

Perhaps the first Spitfire to be captured?

French Spitfire I

In September 1938 two French Air Force pilots were allowed to fly the Mk I after France expressed official interest in purchasing the type and a manufacturing licence. Slow deliveries to the RAF and the deteriorating situation in Europe meant that the Air Ministry was reluctant to give up any of it Spitfires, but it eventually agreed to supply three examples to the French Air Force. This was later reduced to one example, and the 251st production aircraft was completed as 01 for the French Air Force and was supplied with a spare Merlin Ill. It made its maiden flight on May 25, 1939, going to France on July 18. It was the only Spitfire ever built directly for an export customer, all other deliveries being ex-RAF aircraft modified for foreign service. However, the soul French Spitfire I had a short career. When the German forces invaded France it was a Orleans and was to have been burnt to stop it falling into enemy hands. That it was not is supported by photographic evidence of the aircraft, minus propeller and cowling believed to have been taken in late 1940 or early 1941.

Rodolphe
Pilote Confirmé
Pilote Confirmé

Message par Rodolphe »

Spitfire F.01 was a Mk.I sent to France for trials and was subsequently captured by the Germans.

This was the only Spitfire NOT to have an RAF serial allocated to it (as far as I'm aware anyway)

This Spitfire, the 251st produced, was actually captured...?

It was given the B Condition marking N.21 for test flying, then 01, and the last picture has it coded FW8. Although reported as being burnt at Orleans to prevent it falling into German hands it does appear to have survived for a while in a delapidated state. There has (to my knowledge) never been any proof that the Germans took it on.

The 251st production aircraft, first flown 25/06/1939 with B class Reg No. N-21 direct from makers to France - arrived French AF and TOC as F.01 on 18/07/1939; At Orleans (marked "FWB"), burnt 06/1940; Remains captured by Germans 06/1940
Perhaps the first Spitfire to be captured?

French Spitfire I

In September 1938 two French Air Force pilots were allowed to fly the Mk I after France expressed official interest in purchasing the type and a manufacturing licence. Slow deliveries to the RAF and the deteriorating situation in Europe meant that the Air Ministry was reluctant to give up any of it Spitfires, but it eventually agreed to supply three examples to the French Air Force. This was later reduced to one example, and the 251st production aircraft was completed as 01 for the French Air Force and was supplied with a spare Merlin Ill. It made its maiden flight on May 25, 1939, going to France on July 18. It was the only Spitfire ever built directly for an export customer, all other deliveries being ex-RAF aircraft modified for foreign service. However, the soul French Spitfire I had a short career. When the German forces invaded France it was a Orleans and was to have been burnt to stop it falling into enemy hands. That it was not is supported by photographic evidence of the aircraft, minus propeller and cowling believed to have been taken in late 1940 or early 1941.

Milos
Dieu vivant
Dieu vivant

Message par Milos »

Y a-t-il eu un comparatif Spit/D 520 ?

fred 41
Pilote Confirmé
Pilote Confirmé

Message par fred 41 »

Le profil est incomplet il manque pas mal de marquages sur la gouverne de direction. Celui qui est apposé n'est pas bon.
Et c'est un plus qu'un B qu'il faut lire sur l'immat.
A la chasse ...bordel !!

FAFG
ImageImage

FAFG les enclumes volantes !

fred 41
Pilote Confirmé
Pilote Confirmé

Message par fred 41 »

Milos a écrit :Y a-t-il eu un comparatif Spit/D 520 ?
Pas en vol au moins que je sâche.
A la chasse ...bordel !!

FAFG
ImageImage

FAFG les enclumes volantes !

sony tuckson

Message par sony tuckson »

Rodolphe, quand tu fais des copier coller d'articles, pourrais-tu citer la source et l'auteur?

La méthode que tu utilises montre bien que tu ne t'approprie pas les citations, mais cela complètera utiliement l'information donnée

sur ce , je sais toujours pas d'ou tu viens ;)
Image Jeepee, ex-webmaster section SFP1

Rodolphe
Pilote Confirmé
Pilote Confirmé

Message par Rodolphe »

Wilco Sony, des que je rentre (Tue or Wed) dans mon coin si peu connu.:laugh:

Répondre

Revenir à « Aviation passion »