***F-14A Tomcat Superpit released !***

Tout pour améliorer Falcon 4.0. C'est la salle des modders, skinners et autres bidouilleurs !!!

Topic author
Aeyes
Nouvelle Recrue
Nouvelle Recrue

***F-14A Tomcat Superpit released !***

Message par Aeyes »

Today the F-14A Tomcat Superpit add-on for Falcon 4.0 is released.
This add-on again does not only stretch the limits a bit further with what is possible in a 2D/3D environment cockpit, but also has some nice extra's included. One very important part is the 3D cockpit, a match with the 2D pit and although basic in functionality, modelled with details.

This F-14A add-on will be for SP4+BM2, FF3, FF3.1 and Red Viper. Not to be used with Cobra 1 versions.
In other words a BMS2.exe is the least requirement due to the many additional callbacks and features that are used.

Also, I would like to start off with credits and thanks:
- A special word of thanks for Homercide for his excellent installer.
- Secondly thanks to Daws, for his 3D wings in the 2D/3D cockpit, and his help with converting the 3D cockpit to LOD format.
- T-Rex for the Red Viper installer.
- Welsh-Madman for helping with the conversion of the 3D cockpit to Red Viper format
- Chris Woodul from the Frontiers of Flight museum in Dallas Texas for allowing me to use his ejection seat images
- My wife and kids for allowing me to invest time in the project

Some screenshots:

There are 2 sets of skins for USN squadrons VF-32 and VF-41.
The main reason to add these high resolution textures is because you see the wings when looking outside the cockpit at 4 and 8 o'clock directions.
VF-32 also corresponds with the BuNo. of the modelled cockpit.

Splash files, included with Red Viper add-on, and also available for download at cockpits.nl:

Features list:
F-14A Tomcat Superpit features: features:

- 2D and 3D cockpit
- The add-on has a complete and matching 2D and 3D cockpit, only from the pilot's position. In an F-14A the RIO can not fly the plane.
Note that the 3D cockpit's functionality is very limited at this moment but that can change.
The Normal and wideview cockpit is not available, in the F-14A Superpit was chosen for an 'in between' cockpit, not wide not close up but with maximum visibility and panel image quality.

- Canopy reflections
The cockpit canopy has its own reflections set, matching the external skins of the aircraft and interior

- Nightlighting
- Big advantage is the ability to switch in the cockpit between day and night ready cockpit with various interior lighting options.
- For flying at night, push keys Shift-2 for enabling the backlit panels
- For flying at night, you can use separately backlit panels, instruments lights, NVG green or a combination of these
- The Falcon/Red Viper install allows dimmable instruments lights and also dimmable floodlight

- Tacan/maps
-Clicking down or keycombination Shift-1 shows the tactical and reference view with Tacan/Airbase information and maps. Panning sideways shows other theaters' reference guides like Desert Storm and Balkans

- Extra pictures option
- There are 2 empty graphics which you can use for your own pictures/data in the cockpit, panning sideways from the tactical and reference view wil show these. These can be used for information about additional theaters for example.
You can find these images in Microprose/Falcon4/art/ckptart/F-14A or 1983 dirs, depending on your install type. They are called n_16_12_wide.gif and n_16_12_e.gif

- Tactical and reference view
-Clicking down from the default 2D pit position or keycombination Shift-1 shows the tactical and reference view with extra and typical F-16 functions. Clicking further down pans to the nightlit cockpit. Panning up from this view shows the normal daytime cockpit. Panning sideways shows other theaters' reference guides like Desert Storm and Balkans

- Display (Vertical Display Indicator)
- The VDI display is made clickable in a 'touchscreen' mode, meaning you can operate the display by pressing the area that is showing.

- Kneeboard on the right side
- The right leg has a complete browsable rampstart checklist, a Carrier Landing Pattern checklist, a refueling checklist, an SAM/AAA threat list and an option to put your own picture in there, see 16_tmplt.gif in your cockpit dir. Browsing is done by left and right clicking.

- Rampstart
- A full rampstart is possible, checklists available on your right knee in the sim. The rampstart sequence is modelled to match the real F-14A rampstart as much as possible.

- Textures
Included in the add-on are 2 different texture skinsets for the exterior plane. VF-32 Swordsmen and VF-41 Black Aces US Navy squadrons

- Tactical Engagement
In Red Viper you can set up a tactical engagement set of missions for the F-14A from the carrier in the default theater, it will use the VF-32 Swordsmen sqn.

- Campaign
In Red Viper you can fly a full campaign in the Korea2005 theater, where the campaign plays in 1983. This will use the VF-41 Black Aces sqn launched form the carrier.

You can check out the functionality description page at: http://www.cockpits.nl/F14Adescr.html

Check out the Gallery section for some more pictures at:
http://www.cockpits.nl/prodgalF14A.html

Check the 'Sales' departement for purchasing details at:
http://www.cockpits.nl/sales1.html

Have a good flight !

Aeyes,
Cockpits.nl

Merlin (FZG_Immel)
As du Manche
As du Manche

Message par Merlin (FZG_Immel) »

very nice indeed ! you're tempting me !
1 Asus Z390-H - SSD M.2 EVO 970 - Intel I9 9900k@5.0ghz - 32gb DDR4 4000 - ZOTAC 2080ti AMP Extreme Core - Cougar FSSB + Cougar NN_Dan + HOTAS Warthog - Thrustmaster TPR Pedals - Track IR5
2 Asus Maximus VII Ranger - Intel I7 4970k@4.4Ghz - 16Gb Kingston fury - Asus 1080ti Strix OC
3 Asus Rampage III - Intel I7 950@3.33ghz - 6gb DDR3 Kingston - MSI GTX 970 4G - Track IR3 Pro VE

Raven
Jeune Pilote
Jeune Pilote

Message par Raven »

Yes ! :Jumpy: I will buy it! that it is clear! :Jumpy:
Windows 10 64 bits//16go de RAM//Nvidia Geforce GTX 1060 (6go de mémoire vidéo)//Intel Core I7 4770 3.4ghz//Disque Dur 1to + SSD. Périphérique: Hotas Warthog, Track-ir 5 pro.

Buck-Danny
Jeune Pilote
Jeune Pilote

Message par Buck-Danny »

Great!:yes:
By Strength & Guile

coolhands
Jeune Pilote
Jeune Pilote

Message par coolhands »

It is manific.
Is what one can used with other resolution or it is only in 1600 per 1200??

Topic author
Aeyes
Nouvelle Recrue
Nouvelle Recrue

Message par Aeyes »

coolhands a écrit :It is manific.
Is what one can used with other resolution or it is only in 1600 per 1200??
Hi,
It is possible to use cockpit autoscaling so lower/different resolutions are possible.

Aeyes

Ghostrider
Grand Manitou
Grand Manitou

Message par Ghostrider »

Great Job !!!!!
Moniteur F/A-18C à l AVM http://avm-fr.com/
ImageAmd 3700x - 64 go DDR 4 3200 -Asus Tuf x570 gaming wifi - RTX 4080 16 go - SSD : 1 to NVME ( OS + simus) + 1ssd 500 GO Mx 500 simus + 1 SSD 256 GO (games) + 5 To HD(s)+ TM Warthog + Grip F/A18 - Track IR 5 - Pallo TPR - Deskpit 2 MFD+ICP +Oculus tift

coolhands
Jeune Pilote
Jeune Pilote

Message par coolhands »

You can use it in OPEN FALCON ??
Répondre

Revenir à « Mods, add-ons et projets communautaires »