@C3PO : Bug SAM 1.03

Topic author
Cougar FFW04
Chef de patrouille
Chef de patrouille

@C3PO : Bug SAM 1.03

Message par Cougar FFW04 »

Hi C3PO,

I am writting this thread to report on a suspected major bug regarding SAM behavior in MP F4-AF 1.03. With my sqadron, since a few time we have noticed strange behavior of SAMs, some pilots being fired at while others were not.

In order to test it, I built a TE with 2 SAMs (1 Sa3 and 1 SA2)plus a flight of 3 F16B52. We flew the mission two times with the same problem : the SAM only fire at the first pilot entering his bubble and ignore others players

Please let me explain what we did :
==> 20 miles or so from SA3, pilot2 accelerate in order to be sure to enter the SA3 bubble before Pilot1 (hosteur) and pilot3. As expected the Sa3 fired at pilot 2 who managed to avoid inbound missiles while still flying the SA3 engagement circle. Then Pilots 1 & 3 entered the SAM 3 engagement range. Althougt we were esay targets (flying over the SA3 at 5000ft) compared to pilot 2, the SA3 never fired at us. Finally pilot 2 was shot down and ejected while we were overflying the SA3 endless without being spotted o_O Of course you could argue that the SA3 has fired all his missiles at pilot 2 and was rearming. Next paragraph rules out this issue.

==> So as the SA3 ignored us, we heads on the SA2 and did the same : Pilot 3 accelerate and entered the SA2 first. As expected he was fired at... I entered then the SA2 and fly over it without being fired at. Then I asked pilot 3 to go out the SA2 range. He did it and the SA2 stops firing at him (as expectred) but still do not engage me althougt I was the only one within the SA2 range. I asked then Pilot 3 to enter the SA2 again. As soon as he did it the SA2 fired at him again. This rules out the rearming issue.

I think it's really a major bug. I cant say if it affects other SAMs nor if it's the same in campaign but I strongly suspect it (at least for other SAMs). ACMI we did for this test clearly demonstrate the problem. I can send them to you on request so that you can see it by yourself .

I sincerely hope LP will plan actions on this issue because actually SAMs are useless in online TE.

Thanks.

FSX@War : THE unofficial TacPack Companion

Markus
Compte désactivé

Message par Markus »

Ce serait bien pour les autres post traitant de buggs Coug', qu'ils soient postés dans la rubrique : "AF 1.03 - Bug Report -" .
Faudrait pas que ça parte dans tous les sens, et qu'on se retrouve à lire dans toutes les rubriques, des sujets hors rubrique ... .
Faites gaffe les gars :cowboy:

C'est vrai qu'on a toujours peur que le post passe à coté de C3PO, mais il suffit de lui mettre un lien, au pire... .

@+Markus

Topic author
Cougar FFW04
Chef de patrouille
Chef de patrouille

Oui tu as raison Markus,

Je suis pas sur qu'il visite les autres forum mais bon on verra bien s'il répond ou pas...

Déplace si tu veux :tongue:

T-REX FFW04
Jeune Pilote
Jeune Pilote

Message par T-REX FFW04 »

Coug', je pense que ton post aurait plus de chance d'atteindre C3PO.
Good girls play dress up. Bad girls play Rock'n Roll.
F-16 Flight Hours Patches Download HERE !

C3PO
Nouvelle Recrue
Nouvelle Recrue

Message par C3PO »

Thank you for the post -- we're on the case :)

Topic author
Cougar FFW04
Chef de patrouille
Chef de patrouille

Good :yes:

By the way do you know about the double Aim-9p reticles ? (please see this http://forums.frugalsworld.com/vbb/show ... hp?t=94649)

Thanks again :cowboy:

Markus
Compte désactivé

Message par Markus »

Coooool.... .

@+Markus
Verrouillé

Revenir à « Falcon 4.0 Allied Force »