Maquettes, images, meetings, aviation réelle

Topic author
JollyJumper
Mécano au sol
Mécano au sol

Mirage F1 pylon weight data ?

Message par JollyJumper »

Hello,

I'm looking for F1 pylon weight data, to use in Strike Fighters 2.
The weight of the pylons itself, not their load capacity.

Wing outboard weapon pylons ( Dassault CLB30 ? ) and the smaller ECM pod pylons
Alkan 915/916 inboard wing weapon pylons
Wing missile pylons
Centerline R530 missile pylon
Centerline Alkan 910 weapon/tank pylon

The F1 AZ/CZ manuals one can find on the net dont contain pylon weight data.
The 8-part Avions magazine article doesnt't either.

Also, whats the exact name of the 2200 liter 'Irakien' external tank .. its not RP 35 I think,
thats the design number of the standard 1200 Liter tank.

Zzzzzzhanks ... :)

SEG
Elève Pilote
Elève Pilote

Message par SEG »

JollyJumper a écrit : Also, whats the exact name of the 2200 liter 'Irakien' external tank .. its not RP 35 I think, thats the design number of the standard 1200 Liter tank.Zzzzzzhanks ... :)
It's the RPL 201.
In tartiflette we trust

Knell
Pilote Philanthrope
Pilote Philanthrope

Message par Knell »

SEG a écrit :It's the RPL 201.
Approved :)
#avionmoche : Mais le F35 reste moche ...

jojo
Dieu vivant
Dieu vivant

Message par jojo »

I will just give name and weight, i guess you know them all...

Alkan 910: 78kg
Alkan 915 & 916: 91kg
Dassault CLB30D & G: 45kg Can't be jettisoned
CLB4: 170kg Can't be jettisoned
CLB8: between 165 and 181kg
CLB4/8 have been purchased by South Africa, Spain, Libya, Iraq, Qatar.

PEC 201/202 & 203/204: 18kg Can't be jettisoned
These one are for CME Arab 8A/ Arab 8B Barracuda/ Arab 9A Barrax/ Arab 9B & Aral 1B Phimat.

Matra LM39: 39kg (Magic 1/2)
Aero 3B/ ADP8: 21kg (Sidewinder)
The later can be hung under a CLB30 on external wing hardpoint to give a capacity of 4 Sidewinder. Seen on Green Mirage but never certified by Dassault.

Specific launch rail for Spouth Africa V3 missile: 33kg
As above, up to 4 can be loaded.

Matra LM37A: 59kg
Matra LM38: 76kg

Aérospatiale LM759: 134kg (Exocet, fuselage)
Aérospatiale LM776: 138kg (Exocet, wing)
Both can't be jettisoned

Matra 058B: 160kg (AS37 Bazard, only Iraq)

Aérospatiale 733F: 80kg (AS30, fuselage, South Africa)
Aérospatiale 762: 97kg (AS30L, wing, Iraq)

Data from Le Mirage F1 Vol2, Le la Presse :flowers:

To answer private message, 2 targeting pod for Iraq:
LDP 1EQ (TV)
LDP 1CT (IR)
Config: MSI Z270 GAMING M5/ I7 7700K + Water Cooling/ SSD 500Go/DDR4 4x16Go 3200Mhz/ MSI RTX 3080 Ventus 3x Plus 10Go
Virpil T50CM3 + WarBRD + TM Hornet/ MFG Crosswind/ HP Reverb G2

Photo aéro: Nikon D7000/ D500 + Sigma 150-600 F5-6.3
ma galerie: cliquez FLICKR / WARBIRDS

Topic author
JollyJumper
Mécano au sol
Mécano au sol

Ooo the whole enchilada, perfecto ;D
Big tank name too
Merci to all :)

Topic author
JollyJumper
Mécano au sol
Mécano au sol

Re: Mirage F1 pylon weight data ?

OK, me again with another F1 question....

F1E series internal fuel quantity :
I know that the F1EE has 200 litre less fuel than the F1C , due to the inertial navigation equipment which took some space away.
The F1EE has a 4100 litre total capacity ( + additional 60 liter negative G reservoir but without subtracting unusable fuel ).
Its the central tank of the forward group which has its capacity reduced to 530 litre .

The question is ( for guys with the good books ;D ) does this 4100 litre capacity apply to all E-series aircraft ?

Thankzzzzzzz... :)

Knell
Pilote Philanthrope
Pilote Philanthrope

Message par Knell »

Remember something like 4200 liters for F1 C/CR so should be the same for any single seat version. The inertial system is above and right behind the canopy as far as i remember and have no impact on the fuel capacity ( Once again as far as i remember )

jojo
Dieu vivant
Dieu vivant

Message par jojo »

JollyJumper a écrit :OK, me again with another F1 question....

F1E series internal fuel quantity :
I know that the F1EE has 200 litre less fuel than the F1C , due to the inertial navigation equipment which took some space away.
The F1EE has a 4100 litre total capacity ( + additional 60 liter negative G reservoir but without subtracting unusable fuel ).
Its the central tank of the forward group which has its capacity reduced to 530 litre .

The question is ( for guys with the good books ;D ) does this 4100 litre capacity apply to all E-series aircraft ?

Thankzzzzzzz... :)
From "The Book":
F1 C/CT/CE/CG/CJ/CZ: 4300L
F1 CR: 4100L
F1 EE/EJ: 4160L
F1 EH: 4300L
F1 EQ2: 4160L
F1 EQ4 and following have a different fuselage (longer). Don't know the fuel capacity.Probably 4300 as the EH
F1 AZ/AD: 4415L

There is for me an ambiguity about the long fuselage with equipment bay "cut" into the main fuselage tank. On "short " fuselage it removes 140L, on l"ong" fuselage I don't know...I would guess 4160L

Topic author
JollyJumper
Mécano au sol
Mécano au sol

Perfecto, thanks again :)

F1EQ-4 with long fuselage:
the -200 series has a 7 cm extension forward of the cockpit to mount the additional plumbing for the refuel probe.
This extension has no relation to fuel capacity, AFAIK.
Thus the EQ-4 would have 4160 litre like the EQ-2 , all with INS.

BTW, any explanation for the "thick" doppler antenna housing on EQ-4's ? The housing is much more flush with the fuselage
on the other EQ types.
Different antenna type or re-arranged internal equipment maybe ?

Topic author
JollyJumper
Mécano au sol
Mécano au sol

Knell a écrit :Remember something like 4200 liters for F1 C/CR so should be the same for any single seat version. The inertial system is above and right behind the canopy as far as i remember and have no impact on the fuel capacity ( Once again as far as i remember )
The info I have on F1EE fuel capacity ( flight manual excerpt of fuel tank content, published in a Spanish booklet on the F1 ) and a French article on Spanish Mirages
do link the reduced capacity to the INS installation ( ULISS 47, i think... iirc )
The tank drawings show the reduction on the front and top of the central forward tank, compared to a F1CZ fuel tank drawing.
Thus I'm pretty sure that the INS is responsible for the reduction in fuel capacity.

gillouf1
Pilote Confirmé
Pilote Confirmé

Message par gillouf1 »

The fuel capacity reduction for the Mirage F1CR (4160L) is due to the addition of a second avionic bay behind the "normal" one. The door of his extra avionic bay is visible on some pictures like this one:
http://www.airliners.net/photo/France-- ... 813226e63e
Thus, the central front fuselage tank is smaller and the inverted flight fuel accumulator (which has 60L capacity for the Mirage F1-C) is replaced by 2 fuel accumulators of 30L capacity in the front latteral fuel tanks (like the Mirage F1B).

The Mirage F1CT which, has an inertial navigation system too, has the same internal fuel capacity as the legacy Mirage F1C (4230L).

@+

SpruceGoose
Pilote Confirmé
Pilote Confirmé

Message par SpruceGoose »

gillouf1 a écrit :The fuel capacity reduction for the Mirage F1CR (4160L) is due to the addition of a...
Salut Gillouf1

J’ai regardé dans ma documentation (pas trop mauvaise…) et j’ai trouvé pour le Mirage F1-CR :

Capacité consommable : 4100 litres
Capacité totale : 4170 litres

La différence de 70 litres s’expliquant par la capacité interne inconsommable vidangeable de 30 litres et inconsommable invidangeable de 40 litres.

Nourrices : 1080 l (av et ar gauche : 540 l - av et ar droit : 540 l)
Fuselage avant : 1530 l (latéral av droit : 505 l – latéral av gauche 505 l – central av 520 l )
Accumulateurs : 60 l (2 x 30 l)
Fuselage arrière : 1050 l (ar gauche 525 l – ar droit 525 l )
Voilure : 380 l (gauche 190 l – droit 190 l)

Total consommable : 4100 l

Rem : Compléments de réservoirs de fuselage pouvant augmenter la capacité totale de 60 litres si nécessaire (par court-circuitage des contacteurs de niveau).

SpruceGoose
Pilote Confirmé
Pilote Confirmé

--> Gillouf1

Dis-moi, toi qui semble être dans le milieu, peux-tu me confirmer la chose suivante :

Le réservoir central (avant) du F1-CR est plus petit que ceux des F1-C/CT.
Sa contenance est de 520 litres alors que celle des 2 autres est de 585 litres, soit 65 litres de moins.

On peut voir que dans la forme de ce réservoir du CR et des C/CT, la longueur est la même allant du cadre 17 au cadre 21.
Cependant, pour le CR, il est tronqué dans sa partie supérieure du cadre 17 au cadre 19, d’où cette diminution de capacité (avec obligation de déplacer l'accumulateur de vol inversé).

Dans l’emplacement qui a été libéré par la diminution de volume de ce réservoir central, il me semble qu’ont été installés les équipements suivants : boîtier VOR/ILS – boîtier de recopie roulis/tangage – boîtier radio altimètre – boîtier de compatibilité radioélectrique. Est-ce correct ?

gillouf1
Pilote Confirmé
Pilote Confirmé

Message par gillouf1 »

Peux pas vraiment dire quelles boites ont été installées dans cette 2ème soute à équipement (c'est pas mon domaine) mais il est exact que cette soute réduit le volume disponible dans le réservoir "central avant".

Les valeurs que je donne sont celle affichées au "détot" (de mémoire, ça fait plus de 4 ans que je bosse plus sur F1) lors des pleins; elles peuvent donc être différentes de la quantité réelle de carburant emportée ou consommable. Il est également vrai que l'on pouvait en mettre un peu plus en appuyant sur des boutons du tableau de remplissage (qui "shuntaient" les hauts niveaux) mais c'était pas vraiment écologique comme solution (ça dégueulait pas mal aux mises à l'air libre) donc jamais utilisé.

@+

SpruceGoose
Pilote Confirmé
Pilote Confirmé

Pour ceux que ça intéresserait ; 2 schémas de réservoir central avant.

L'un équipant les C/CT (avec l'accumulateur de vol inversé de 60 litres à l'intérieur); l'autre tronqué sur sa partie supérieure équipant le CR (l'accumulateur a été enlevé et 2 accumulateurs de 30 litres ont été placés au niveau de chacun des réservoirs avant latéraux).

Dernière modification par SpruceGoose le jeu. nov. 20, 2014 1:39 pm, modifié 1 fois.

Topic author
JollyJumper
Mécano au sol
Mécano au sol

Time to use this thread again :D
Interesting, the forward tank comparison.

Looking for another piece of info:
Guns, the empty cartridges. Collected onboard or ejected ? There are 2 rearward-facing openings in line with the guns in the correct position
behind the gun breeches. I *think* thats where the cartridge casings are ejected while the links are collected onboard ( as on Mirage III and 2000 ).
I've seen a nice video of a 2000 on a firing pass with a trail of empty 30mm casings...

But thinking doesnt mean knowing, so can somebody confirm it ?

~

OPIT
Chef de patrouille
Chef de patrouille

Message par OPIT »

Empty cartridges are collected onboard.

1 : Rounds feeding box
2 : Links collecting box
3 : Gun bay door
4 : Empty cartridges collecting box
Dernière modification par OPIT le sam. nov. 08, 2014 11:59 am, modifié 2 fois.

SpruceGoose
Pilote Confirmé
Pilote Confirmé

My dear german Lucky Luke mount, this is quite a fascinating question and you deserve quite a fascinating response… with illustration !

Boîte à cartouche : Cartridge feeding box
Compartiment à maillons : Link collecting chamber (between frames # 21 and 22)
Soute à douilles : Cartridge case hold (between frames # 23 and 25)

Dernière modification par SpruceGoose le jeu. nov. 20, 2014 1:39 pm, modifié 1 fois.

JulietBravo
Pilote d'essais
Pilote d'essais

Message par JulietBravo »

The question that comes next is : once back on the ground, how are the used cartridge cases collected ?
Are they dumped from the cartridge cases hold to a "waste basket", through a trap, or can the cartridge cases hold be removed, emptied and put back in place ?

Drawings are nice (thanks SG), but if anyone had pictures of the process (and of the location of the cartridge cases hold), I would appreciate.

Topic author
JollyJumper
Mécano au sol
Mécano au sol

Aha.
That clears it. I wonder how they found some space for empty casings on the small F1 :D
But excellent information, merci OPIT & SpruceGoose.
The openings on the fuselage bottom are just for venting the gun compartments then.

Theres a doors on the fuselage bottom (photo by OPIT) to access the empty cartridge collecting room, they put a big box underneath and open the door .. wooosh the whole pile drops out.

Interestingly, this whole guns-related thing is never mentioned in books on the F1 (those I know ).

SpruceGoose
Pilote Confirmé
Pilote Confirmé

JollyJumper a écrit : I wonder how they found some space for empty casings on the small F1 :D
Theres a doors on the fuselage bottom (photo by OPIT) to access the empty cartridge collecting room, they put a big box underneath and open the door .. wooosh the whole pile drops out.
You’re quite right !
Dassault was good enough to find out some… solution !

Cartridge case holds are identified 23.05 and 23.07 of section D and darkened grayish on detailed picture.
When trapdoors (identified 1 on detailed picture) are opened, cartridge cases fall down.
(The cartridge case hold is composed of sheet metal plates and airframe walls. Those are protected from case impact by screwed stratified material)
JulietBravo a écrit :Are they dumped from the cartridge cases hold to a "waste basket", through a trap, or can the cartridge cases hold be removed, emptied and put back in place ?
(and of the location of the cartridge cases hold), I would appreciate.
Le compartiment de réception des douilles est formé par les tôles et cadres du fuselage (entre cadres c23 et c25).
Les parois sont protégées de l’impact des douilles par des plaques de stratifiés vissées.
Les trappes ventrales d’ouverture sont repérées 1 sur la coupe A.

Donc, à l’ouverture des trappes les douilles tombent au sol par gravité.

(OPIT devrait confirmer)

Dernière modification par SpruceGoose le jeu. nov. 20, 2014 1:40 pm, modifié 1 fois.

OPIT
Chef de patrouille
Chef de patrouille

Message par OPIT »

SpruceGoose a écrit :Donc, à l’ouverture des trappes les douilles tombent au sol par gravité.

(OPIT devrait confirmer)
Confirmed :yes:

SpruceGoose
Pilote Confirmé
Pilote Confirmé

OPIT a écrit :
SpruceGoose a écrit :Donc, à l’ouverture des trappes les douilles tombent au sol par gravité.

(OPIT devrait confirmer)
Confirmed :yes:
Merci OPIT !

Juste une confirmation supplémentaire : La soute à douille est bien commune aux 2 canons (bien qu'il y ait 2 trappes d'ouverture) ?

Sinon pour JulietBravo - pour mieux situer cette soute à douilles, je l'ai délimitée par des points magenta.

Dernière modification par SpruceGoose le jeu. nov. 20, 2014 1:41 pm, modifié 1 fois.

garance
Pilote Confirmé
Pilote Confirmé

Message par garance »

QUESTION

N'y avait-il pas un quelconque risque de "bourrage" de cette soute de récupération par une douille "aberrante" ? provoquant un incident de tir ?

JulietBravo
Pilote d'essais
Pilote d'essais

Message par JulietBravo »

garance a écrit :QUESTION

N'y avait-il pas un quelconque risque de "bourrage" de cette soute de récupération par une douille "aberrante" ? provoquant un incident de tir ?
Je me suis aussi, comme toi, demandé comment il était possible que les douilles viennent, en désordre, trouver leur place dans ladite soute (à moins que son volume ne soit notablement supérieur à celui des boites à munitions dans lesquelles les obus sont bien rangé...) ! :huh:

Pour nos amis anglophones, ta question est :
Was there not a risk that a "non cooperative" shell casing would create an obstruction and prevent the next ones to enter the hold ?
Répondre

Revenir à « Aviation passion »