Flames

Topic author
C3PO
Nouvelle Recrue
Nouvelle Recrue

Flames

Message par C3PO »

I thought I'd bring you a few nice screenshots showing work in progress on the new animating exhausts from missiles. As you can see, they are greatly improved and in-game look gorgeous. The examples below feature the maverick and HARM exhaust. These flames may make the next official update for Allied Force ... otherwise a subsequent update. Enjoy :)

Scrat
Pilote d'essais
Pilote d'essais

Message par Scrat »

I thought HARM, Mavs and other modern missiles were almost invisible due to high-efficiency propergols that ensure an optimal combustion.
"Et c'est à cet instant qu'il vit la Mort arriver, chevauchant une plaine de feu pour s'emparer de son âme..." Tom Clancy - Les dents du tigre

Cougar FFW04
Chef de patrouille
Chef de patrouille

Message par Cougar FFW04 »

Whoua
Impressive screenshoots specially the maverick :cowboy: Is it so "flames" in RL ?
Thanks a lot :yes:

Edit : I do see the Ursa Major on your second screenshot. Does this mean that I must also work at home when flying Falcon :Jumpy: :exit:

FSX@War : THE unofficial TacPack Companion

GunMan
Pilote d'essais
Pilote d'essais

Message par GunMan »

Good work !!

But dont place a smoke on Amraam's ;)
"Man must rise above the Earth [...] for only thus will he fully understand the world in which he lives." Socrate

Topic author
C3PO
Nouvelle Recrue
Nouvelle Recrue

Message par C3PO »

Scrat a écrit :I thought HARM, Mavs and other modern missiles were almost invisible due to high-efficiency propergols that ensure an optimal combustion.
Have a look at the in-game intro movie I made for Allied Force. There's a sequence in there showing a maverick launch :)

Larsen
Jeune Pilote
Jeune Pilote

Message par Larsen »

Cougar FFW04 a écrit : Edit : I do see the Ursa Major on your second screenshot. Does this mean that I must also work at home when flying Falcon :Jumpy: :exit:
:laugh: :laugh:

beautiful effects ! :kewlpics: :king: thanks for these screens !

Topic author
C3PO
Nouvelle Recrue
Nouvelle Recrue

Message par C3PO »

The animated flames only appear for the correct time that the rocket motors burn in flight, after that of course they are carried by momentum. There's no smoke for the AMRAAMs :)

GunMan
Pilote d'essais
Pilote d'essais

Message par GunMan »

Good :P Thank you for this great job !!!
"Man must rise above the Earth [...] for only thus will he fully understand the world in which he lives." Socrate

RaZoR31
Pilote Confirmé
Pilote Confirmé

Message par RaZoR31 »

:!: woooow !!! very nice job... !

goonievolant
WSO Co-pilote
WSO Co-pilote

Message par goonievolant »

C3PO a écrit :The animated flames only appear for the correct time that the rocket motors burn in flight, after that of course they are carried by momentum. There's no smoke for the AMRAAMs :)
that is really beautifull.

Could you just check the bad weather because i observed that if you go from 1000ft to 18000ft, there are some areas that are so lighter that you have the feeling to be in a sunrry day but you are still in the clouds which is not really normal.

it is really great to play in bad weather, congrats for this add-on. i love to her the rain falling :)

Dax
Nouvelle Recrue
Nouvelle Recrue

Message par Dax »

Thanks for pictures and infos ... nice pictures, very nice job !
Intel Core2Duo E6700 (2.67GHz), NVidia 8800 GTS (640Mb) , 2Gb DDR2 PC8500 (1066MHz), Hotas Cougar, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals, TrackIR 4

Jallie
Légende volante
Légende volante

Message par Jallie »

I love your communication...

great information...

Of course , we are waiting for the next patch .
        AMD 3700 X - DDR4 32GB 3400 ghz - RTX 3080 ti   -  SoundBlaster Omni 5.1   
 VR PIMAX  Crystal   Chassis JCL-V2  bi-Simu + Simshakers x4 AURA .
      simflight -->  VKB Gunfighter-Pro  + Saitek throtle + rudder VKB MK-IV + Cougar FCC + Winwing TQS
        simrace -->  Volant Fanatec DD1 + pédalier HPP (JVB)  + Boutons box ( DsD + Saitek box  )

Markus
Compte désactivé

Message par Markus »

Very well !!
Good job C3PO !!
It's very beautifull !!

@+Markus

Topic author
C3PO
Nouvelle Recrue
Nouvelle Recrue

Message par C3PO »

And here's an AMRAAM launch at dusk:

papyvolant
Nouvelle Recrue
Nouvelle Recrue

Message par papyvolant »

Too beautiful !
Too hard to wait any longer...
Too long for next patch !...
An issue date please ?
Many thanks and... congratulations . ;)
Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 - 2 DD 250 et 80 Go - RAM 4 Go
Carte ATI Radeon HD 4800 - Windows Seven Premium 32 - CRT 22' + CRT 17' - Saitek X52Pro - TrackIR 3 pro VE - Clavier Logitech G15)

GunMan
Pilote d'essais
Pilote d'essais

Message par GunMan »

WOW !!!

Its... Incredible !!!

Just one question C3PO...
How to control the weather out of a campaign ???
We can adjust just the fog pourcentage and fog opacity...
But how to add rain, storm, thunders like in the second day of Rolling Fire ??

Flanker-D
Nouvelle Recrue
Nouvelle Recrue

Message par Flanker-D »

Hello C3PO
Very nice shot and great work but I have to admit that I'm a little bit more concern by the following kind of improvement on Maverick :
It was in French when I did first report it so I don't know if it came to your knowledge.
After patching Falcon AF with 1.03, I made a first flight in a Korea 2005 Campaign as FAC for a A-10 flight. This was a new camapign ! When I saw the debriefing, I was really surprised seing Su-25 launching bomb at my airborne aircraft during the first merge. Some kind of Jettison wrongly reported ? Maybe but looking at the ACMI it happens exactly when the Su-25 add a chance to launch its self-defense R60 or R73 IR AAM.

That's why, I did look at the ACMI more carrefully and saw something lesser realistic and even impossible given the Maverick is a "Fire & Forget" AGM.
If it's not very clear on the picture and I can send you the complete ACMI, but what it shows are Mavericks launched by IA controlled A-10 doing a very low altitude pass and then starting a loop. Some finishing the loop and hiting the ground where they made the low altitude pass, some other self-destructing in the Air after 3 quarters of the loop.

I hope you'll be able to investigate why this happened and hopefully correct this.
Thanks for the great work you're doing and for making Falcon AF better and better.

Best Regards,
Flanker-D

PS: The eye candy is great but if it was only what we were looking for, Falcon would be dead since years now. :banned: :exit:
Flanker-D
"Ghost, après avoir gardé mon compte dans ta base pendant 20 ans, tu aurais pu garder ma signature FFW02" :banana:

Cougar FFW04
Chef de patrouille
Chef de patrouille

Message par Cougar FFW04 »

PS: The eye candy is great but if it was only what we were looking for, Falcon would be dead since years now.

I second that.
It would be nice to have some feedback on the bug reported here and there... Which ones have been adressed in the forthcoming patch...
Thanks

FSX@War : THE unofficial TacPack Companion

Wolf
Jeune Pilote
Jeune Pilote

Message par Wolf »

Pour DAX : Chapeau tes photos !

Topic author
C3PO
Nouvelle Recrue
Nouvelle Recrue

Message par C3PO »

Cougar FFW04 a écrit :I second that.
It would be nice to have some feedback on the bug reported here and there... Which ones have been adressed in the forthcoming patch...
Thanks
Very soon I'll be publishing a full changelog for the upcoming patch. Of course, visual treats are only a small part of these changes.

The "set-piece" change in this upcoming patch is the total overhaul of the FAC code. It is now awesome in implementation. I'll post a full comprehensive note next week on this aspect.

Very briefly, the new FAC changes will change the way you attack targets. WP munitions are implemented properly to mark targets (the smoke designation works really well). The rockets smoke in the area of the target as marked by the FAC. All CAS + BAI flights assigned to the package will use that marker as an indication of where to look for targets. The FAC (if it is AI) will launch individual markers at targets and give range and bearing relative to yourself. In the next update, the campaign has undergone changes to equip more aircraft with FAC roles.

Got a nice screenie of WP rockets being launched:

Topic author
C3PO
Nouvelle Recrue
Nouvelle Recrue

Message par C3PO »

@ Flanker-D: yes, we believe we have fixed the off maverick behaviour in this next patch. There were some freaky things going on, especially in MP. The patch will be out for sure by the end of November, if not sooner. It's currently at lock down and being tested hard.

Jallie
Légende volante
Légende volante

Message par Jallie »

with this FAc upgrade ....-AF go One step beyong ! ! ! ;)

If I have a choice to don ....between IAF and New FAC upgrade...

sur that I am now, waiting the next LP patch , impatient !
        AMD 3700 X - DDR4 32GB 3400 ghz - RTX 3080 ti   -  SoundBlaster Omni 5.1   
 VR PIMAX  Crystal   Chassis JCL-V2  bi-Simu + Simshakers x4 AURA .
      simflight -->  VKB Gunfighter-Pro  + Saitek throtle + rudder VKB MK-IV + Cougar FCC + Winwing TQS
        simrace -->  Volant Fanatec DD1 + pédalier HPP (JVB)  + Boutons box ( DsD + Saitek box  )

Electro
Pilote Confirmé
Pilote Confirmé

Message par Electro »

@ Flanker-D: yes, we believe we have fixed the off maverick behaviour in this next patch. There were some freaky things going on, especially in MP. The patch will be out for sure by the end of November, if not sooner. It's currently at lock down and being tested hard.

:Jumpy: :Jumpy: :Jumpy: :Jumpy:

PS : C3PO : and about a hypothetic external patch (like the hitiles) concerning mirage 2k (I know that Falcon is a Viper sim, but it would be quite a thrill if we could go to fight wings in wings with mirages) ? (it is just a question, no pressure from me ! :cowboy: ).
C2D E 6750, Asus P5KC, Nvidia 8800 GT 512 Mo, 2 Go de RAM, Cougar FFSB R1, TIR PRO 3 + VE, PC dash 2

Topic author
C3PO
Nouvelle Recrue
Nouvelle Recrue

Message par C3PO »

Ce sera une grande patch -- et je suis beaucoup regardant en avant à son relâchement :)

moi1000
Compte désactivé

Message par moi1000 »

Electro a écrit ::C3PO : and about a hypothetic external patch (like the hitiles) concerning mirage 2k (I know that Falcon is a Viper sim, but it would be quite a thrill if we could go to fight wings in wings with mirages) ? (it is just a question, no pressure from me ! :cowboy: ).
this is probably THE question that everybody want to ask here :laugh:
Verrouillé

Revenir à « Falcon 4.0 Allied Force »