[WIP]Kittyhawk's

Salle dédiée aux "MODS" pour IL2-1946
Guides, support et discussions sur les mods de Il2-1946.

Topic author
Sani
Nouvelle Recrue
Nouvelle Recrue

[WIP]Kittyhawk's

Message par Sani »

Hello

Some of you may have seen threads about RAAF Kitty's on AAA forum.Well,here they are :).These planes don't require new buttons file (same as Yak7V),so just extract to MODS folder,read instructions in txt file,and study pilot's notes carefuly ;).

http://www.box.net/shared/cqp8ksihsx

Warning:this is not a "QMB bird",you will find out why ;).And these are not compatible with Mod AOC.

Try them out,and tell me what you think.If you think that something should be done differently,don't hesitate to say :).

Enjoy.

p.s.i would post in french,but I'm not sure if google will do a good job translating :/

Obelix
Pilote émérite
Pilote émérite

Message par Obelix »

Hi, Sani! Welcome on board!:flowers:

What are the differences between P-40E (Stock plane) and your Kittihawk?

Topic author
Sani
Nouvelle Recrue
Nouvelle Recrue

Message par Sani »

Difference is that you have to fly them by the book.You have to watch oil pressure,oil and coolant temperature.You must be careful to not overboost the engine etc.....otherwise bad things happen ;).

I've said these are not QMB birds because they require engine warm up and engine run up.

And these RAAF spec Kitty's are a little bit more powerful than regular versions.Read about them here:

http://allaircraftarcade.com/forum/view ... =kittyhawk

There was a great debate about this,is it historical or not because only a few documents exist where this "field tuning" is mentioned.
Personaly,I like the idea of P40 "HotRod" :).

Narf
WSO Co-pilote
WSO Co-pilote

Message par Narf »

Hello, and welcome aboard on C6 forum, thank's for this wip mods, i try it right now....
Image[/align]

vtrelut

Message par vtrelut »

Pour les utilisateurs du pack C6: inutile de mettre a jour les fichiers plane_ru.properties et weapons_ru.properties. Pas de mise a jour de Buttons requise.

Il suffit d'ajouter les 2 entrees prevues pour le air.ini, de mettre le dossier du mod des Kittyhawks dans MODS, et normalement c'est OK pour voler.

Le Read-Me avec les notes de pilotage est dans le dossier du mod.

-----------------

Thanks Sani! I notice your Java programming is different from Blitz and quite interesting. Result at the end is the same and it is very nice for users: no need for Buttons update!

I hope it will become clear that Buttons "dictatorship" is not necessary...

Obelix
Pilote émérite
Pilote émérite

Message par Obelix »

Gonna try them asap. It's a good idea, introducing some special features for engines... I guess it could be a good track for upgrading some new slot planes...

PIPS
Jeune Pilote
Jeune Pilote

Message par PIPS »

Oui !!! très très bien !!!! BRAVO ....

MAIS ?....vous faites comment pour les touches de batteries, switch richesse ? etc.....

:detective

PIPS
Jeune Pilote
Jeune Pilote

Message par PIPS »

PIPS a écrit :Oui !!! très très bien !!!! BRAVO ....

MAIS ?....vous faites comment pour les touches de batteries, switch richesse ? etc.....

:detective
Hum...eeeeuuuuhhhh toc toc !!!! Y a quelqu'un qui peut répondre svp ? ou alors je fout le tout à la poubelle ???

Obelix
Pilote émérite
Pilote émérite

Message par Obelix »

Richesse c'est prévu dans le panneau de config des commandes, les magnétos aussi pour la batterie, le cockpit ne serait-il pas cliquable? Et d'arrête d'écrire fort, y'a des gens qui dorment ici!

Topic author
Sani
Nouvelle Recrue
Nouvelle Recrue

Message par Sani »

PIPS a écrit : MAIS ?....vous faites comment pour les touches de batteries, switch richesse ? etc..

Can you please write this in english? :)

PIPS
Jeune Pilote
Jeune Pilote

Message par PIPS »

Hello Sani,

Thanks for your very good work..

A very important question that's seems nobody here is able to clarify...:wacko:

There are some action I am unable to do in the cockpit ......

1/ How to switch battery ( I have control for magnetos, but nothing for battery

2/ Switch for propeller safety control

3/ mixture control

4/ energyze starter and engage

Thanks by advance
cheers:flowers:

Topic author
Sani
Nouvelle Recrue
Nouvelle Recrue

Message par Sani »

PIPS a écrit :Hello Sani,

Thanks for your very good work..

A very important question that's seems nobody here is able to clarify...:wacko:

There are some action I am unable to do in the cockpit ......

1/ How to switch battery ( I have control for magnetos, but nothing for battery

2/ Switch for propeller safety control

3/ mixture control

4/ energyze starter and engage

Thanks by advance
cheers:flowers:
Oh that stuff :D..well,there is a limit to what you can do in this game...maybe I've made a mistake in pilot's notes,I just copied warm up procedure from actual P40 manual :/.It looked good,no matter that some of that stuff cannot be done in game :(

Maaaaybe something could be done for battery switch.About mixture control,you have 100% and 120% which should represent autolean and autorich.Each of them will automaticaly adapt to altitude.If I enable manual mixture with 4 handle positions,no automatic adaptation to altitude which means you will have to manualy set mixture (which is not the case with real plane).
Energyze starter means winding up inertial starter (which is done electricaly)..and that is not modeled in the game at all...so,basycaly that means "just start the engine" ;).
Switching propeller control to automatic means setting pitch to 100%.

I'm sorry,don't think that I was deliberately missleading you in any way.Like I've said,maybe I should have been more selective regarding what to copy from real P40 manual.

Topic author
Sani
Nouvelle Recrue
Nouvelle Recrue

Message par Sani »

Just a small update ;)

Extract to mods folder and overwrite:
http://www.box.net/shared/75q46d33km

I have accidentaly uploaded wrong files last night,it's now updated with right files (same link)...sorry :(

vtrelut

Message par vtrelut »

At last we have a decent pylon for the P-40's fuel tank, it is a big improvement compared with the stock P-40s! (no pylon at all, fuel tank floats in the air). Thanks M8!
Répondre

Revenir à « Salle "MODS" IL2-1946 »