Install Israel terrain2 sur WOI

Wings over : Viet Nam, Europe et Israël

Topic author
emcom1
Elève Pilote
Elève Pilote

Install Israel terrain2 sur WOI

Message par emcom1 »

Bonjours,j'ai downloadé le terrain"guepard Israel2+update" mais je ne comprend pas comment l'installer.....Comment faire il y a plein de chose qui m'echappe et cela vaut t'il le coup par rapport au "stock terrain"?

En vous remerciant par avance.

J'ai WOI dernier patch.

sony tuckson

Message par sony tuckson »

à vérifier, mais je pense que le terrain Israel de gepard était fait avant que WOI ne sorte..

pour l'installation, en résumé, sans voir les fichiers dont tu disposes:

il te faut un dossier Israel ou Israel2 dasn le dossier Terrains du jeu
pour le nom exact, tu dois voir le nom du fichier ini principal qui sera donc israel.ini ou israel2.ini, le dossier devant avoir le même nom

ensuite, tous les fichiers doivent aller dans ce dossier

si tu montres la liste des fichiers ou du moins la structure dont l'archive est composée, on pourra t'en dire plus si utile
Image Jeepee, ex-webmaster section SFP1

Topic author
emcom1
Elève Pilote
Elève Pilote

Message par emcom1 »

Merci pour la reponse,
Voici les 2 read me.....et la j'ai un peu de mal a comprender

Terrain base:

ISRAEL 2 Terrain version 2.0 23.Dezember 2006
=====================

Israel Terrain INSTALLATION instruction:

1.) unzip all files into your Strike Fighters folder

2.) If you use WOV open WOV folder and copy file Israel2.ini into Israel2 folder

3.) If you use WOE open WOE folder and copy file Israel2.ini into Israel2 folder

For WOE and WOE you must download a desert terrain tileset seperatly!

The first versions of Israel terrain for SFP1 were very successfull. They were downloaded in high numbers from C6, Combatace, Avsim and other sources, but i was never really satisfied with it. The reason was, that the size of Israel terrain was only 60% of reality.
With the new terrain editor tool TK offered to the community i was able to make a terrain that is nearly correct scaled. But i had to rebuild the terrain completly from the scratch.

As promised i release the new terrain now short before Christmas.

What is new?

*Completly new terrain with enlarged size. It covers now also Cyprus and Lebanon
*additional terraintiles (Canal, Mountainwoood)
*airfields with multiple runways
*new designed SAM fence along the Suez Canal
the SAM Complex west of the Bitter Lake (Osiris) i designed using a report about the big air to SAM battle in 1970 between the Israelis and the Egytians. So Osiris should be more or less historical correct. The positions of the other networkes (Ra, Isis, Sala Uhudin) are more or less fiction. I also reduced the number of SAM sites, as requested by some players.
*number of target areas is now 292 (212 in the preview, 128 in Israel v1.5)
* I include a smoothed terrain height data file in folder Israel2/Smooth. Personaly i prefer the more rough standard terrain, but if you like a smooth terrain copy file Israel2.hfd from folder Israel2/Smooth into Israel2 folder
* I included also updated Panzer files. The T-34,T-54,T-55,T-62 have now coaxial machineguns and their performance is now a little bit more real.
*The SAM Fence along the Suez Canal now consits only between 1970 - 1976. In 1977 the Egyptians changed their AD startegy from area defence to point defence.

Update

Isreal 2 Terrain Upgrade for WoI 3/15/08

This is an extensive expansion of Gepard's "Isreal 2" full-scale map he made several years ago for SF/WoE/WoV. What this will do, is allow its usage in WoI (or any of the other games, for that matter), with a massive expansion of the target areas. Several new items have been added to the types ini, allowing the 1948-1967 timeframe for Historical missions and Campaigns in the Middle East region. This is NOT the full terrain, just a small package of inis, a few new objects, and some tiles for use with Polak's Desert Tile set (see Notes below for more information). Updated planning maps have been included, based off Gepard's originals.

It has been extensively upgraded, with new movement, targets and types ins. Water effects are active, so Vista users take note...more information for you is below in the Install Instructions. See "Notes for Vista Users" below.

It is reccomended (read: REQUIRED) that you have Pasko's SAMs and Vehicles Pak installed in your GroundObject folder; expecially the Desert skinned vehicles, plus any additional vehicles such as Kesselbrut's ZIL truck pak, Infantry paks, Moonjumper's fix for the BM-14-16 (adds working Kytusha rockets) and any other SAMS or AAA, vehicles or whatever strikes your fancy.

It is designed to use either the Bunyap or Mirage Factory Weapons Pak; some of the names for the IDF air defenses (ie: the HAWKs and their associated radars) and their 'arranements', are taken from Nick Bell's 'NATO Air Defense Mod'; these are the names used for the 2 HAWK radars. In addition, I've included 2 new Infantry units - one generic Arab and one IDF, based off Kesselbrut's 'Infanty Squads'. I've replaced the RPG/LAW with an automatic rifle. I've also given you my fully updated gundata.ini and gundata.dat files, which have all the needed guns.

As stated above, it is =specifically= designed for use with Wings Over Isreal. It has -also- been tested in SF, WoE and WoV;.expecting the fact the WoV users will need to get a new tile set. See "Notes for WoI Users With Only WoV" below.

---You MUST have Gepard's Isreal2 terrain already installed for this to work -- it it NOT a full terrain--

--------------------------------------------------------------------
== Install Instructions: ==

---You MUST have Gepard's Isreal2 terrain already installed for this to work -- it it NOT a full terrain--
Hope you get the point, as many times as I repeat it!!!

As I always reccomend, unzip "isreael2_upgrade" to a temp director that's easy to find.

= BACKUP THE FOLLOWING ORIGINAL INIS; this will allow for full restoration, if for some reason, you don't like this mod. The easiest way to create backups, is to simply reanme them "ori-***.ini", where *** is the original name of the ini. Another way is to create a new folder within the Isreal2 folder, name it "BACKUP", and just move the listed inis into there.

Inis to Back up are:

Israel2.ini
Israel2_Movement.ini
Israel2_Nations.ini
Isreal2_Targets.ini
Isreal2_Types.ini

After your renaming expedition, simply copy/paste, move or however you do it, the unzipped contents to the "Israel2" folder. This IS built with WoI in mind, so...there you go.

Take any folders from the "Add_to_GroundObjects_folder", and ... you guessed it ... copy/paste them into the GroundObjects folder. This will be the 2 infantry units.

If you have another gundata ini & gundata.dat in your /Object folder, back them up by renaming them to
'bak_gundata.ini' and
'bak_gundata.dat',

then copy/paste, move or however, the ones I've supplied into the /Objects folder. It has just about every gun now out, excepting perhaps the BK-27 from the Grippen.

Place the 'patrolboat.wav' into the /Sounds folder; put the 'PATROLBOAT_DATA.INI' into the PatrolBoat folder.

Place the 'CoolingTowerEffect.ini' in the /Effects folder.

NOTE: if you haven't already, PLEASE get the Pakso SAMs and Vehicle Pak Desert Skins, from either CombatAce or my site...there are many, many things in there you're going to need for this map. And want, for historical purposes, of course.

--------------------------------

: CATs and Tiles :

For those with SF and WoE, you can simply use the tiles supplied with the original Israel2 download. They will work just fine in your WoI install, as long as you follow the instructions below as to CAT pointers. There are some visual anomalies, and I've tried to fix them as best I could ... tiles is still not my thing, but this will help out a bit. I'm hoping someone will eventually fix the slight color differences on one of the 'flugplaz' tiles. I've matched to 2 desert ones, it's the mottled green that still a problem. You can just copy/paste them directly into the Isreal2 terrain folder. You'll find them in the "for_gepards_terrain_tiles" folder. There are 3 repainted tile bmps in there.
Simply copy/paste them into the Isreal2 terrain folder. If prompted to "Overwrite?", just say yes.

Just MAKE DOUBLE DAMN SURE YOU HAVE COPIED THE "DESERT" and/or "GERMANYCE'' TERRAIN FOLDERS INTO YOU WoI /Terrain's main folder. You =MUST= have these folders IN WoI for it to work. I can't stress that enough...

Of course, you can still choose an alternative tileset, as reccomended below for the WoV-VietnamSEA cat users. Polak's Desert tiles seem the best way to go.

WoV users; well, you poor bastards have some extra work to do, and that's covered a little later.

IMPORTANT -- Under NO circumstances use a cat pointer line back to the IsraelME.cat. There is a completly different naming convention now in use, and you will encounter more crap than you'll want to deal with. Follow my instructions, and all will be well. Really.

-Selecting the Proper CAT file to use: WoI users with SF and/or WoE--

Right now, as stated, it's set up to use the WoE GermanyCE.cat. SF/WoE users need do nothing further at this point. Go fly! Or, read on, as there might be something interesting for you, in regards to terrain tiles; its your choice to keep the originals, or use Polak's Desert Tiles. If you have the SF desert cat, go ahead and use them. (it just that Polak's look better around the Nile Delta -- I mean, really..it looks like the photos in Google Earth!!

Open the Israel2.ini in your text editor of choice....
As you can see in the example below, copied directly from the Israel2.ini, all the needed cat pointer lines are listed, just not activated....

[Terrain]
TerrainFullName=Israel 2
DataFile=Israel 2_data.INI
TargetFile=Israel 2_targets.INI
TargetTypeFile=Israel 2_types.INI
MovementFile=Israel 2_movement.INI
NationsFile=Israel 2_nations.INI
BriefingText=Israel 2_briefing.INI
DogfightFile=Israel 2_dogfight.INI
DogfightOnly=FALSE
//CatFile=..\Desert\Desert.CAT
CatFile=..\GermanyCE\GermanyCE.CAT
//CatFile=..\VietnamSEA\VietnamSEA.CAT
Longitude=29.0
Latitude=35.0

You'll note the commented out lines for SF desert.cat and WoV's VietnamSEA.cat. You just simply 'uncomment' them - remove the double slashes (//), and add them to the GermanyCE line. It should look like the examples below:

For SF:

CatFile=..\Desert\Desert.cat
//CatFile=..\GermanyCE\GermanyCE.cat
//CatFile=..\VietnamSEA\VietnamSEA.cat

Same thing for WoE users:

//CatFile=..\Desert\Desert.cat
CatFile=..\GermanyCE\GermanyCE.cat

Don't forget to copy over those repainted terraintiles!!!

You shouldn't have any problems getting it to work.... if you do, you've simply not followed instructions.

--------------
Notes for Owners of WoV & WoI -Only- Owners:

Like I said above, you poor schmucks have a bit more work to do. Using this terrain, AS IS, with the cat pointer to the VietnamSEA.CAT, will cause a CTD with a 'terrainengine.dll' fault. This is something to do with the tiling,and can't be fixed without a TOTAL rebuild of the ENTIRE terrain HFD, TFD and other stuff I don't understand...

The easist and simplest way is to just replace the existing, original terrain tiles with something else. For this I reccomend using Polack's Desert Tileset. There are a few issues, that I've seen; mostly at the 'corners' where the transition tiles are, either the desert/farm or desert/city units. Instead of smooth curves, they're right angle changes of color/texture. This is livealbe, for now; hopefully someone will figure it out -- I'm just the 'targets ini guy'....I can't retile a terrain.

So...in the Isreal2.ini, make sure you cat pointer is as follows (and also MAKE DOUBLE DAMN SURE THE "VIETNAMSEA" TERRAIN IS IN YOUR WoI's /TERRAIN FOLDER!!!

[Terrain]
TerrainFullName=Israel 2
DogfightOnly=FALSE
//CatFile=..\GermanyCE\GermanyCE.CAT
CatFile=..\VietnamSEA\VietnamSEA.CAT
Longitude=29.0
Latitude=35.0

You'll see that we have activated the VietnamSEA.cat to be used.
So, I assume at this point, you've already gotten Polak's Desert Tile set from CombatAce.. here's the direct link to it, for those too lazy to go look for themselves ;)

http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?au ... wfile=4461

There is ALSO a small issue with some of the terrain tiles; along the Suez Canal and one of the 'flugplatz' tiles. I've supplied repainted ones in the "For_polaks_desert_tiles" folder. Simply copy/paste them into the Isreal2 terrain folder. If prompted to "Overwrite?", just say yes.

For All Users:
Do NOT, under any circumstances try to use the stock IsraelME terrain tiles -- they will NOT work, and will cause all sorts of visual anomolies and general strangeness.

--------------------------------------

---= Notes for Vista Users=---

With the water effects turned on in the data ini, you'll probably experience CTDs when either exiting a mission or at mission start. As we all know, this is a pretty easy fix, by eliminated the shader effects....

In the Isreal2_Data.ini, look for the following lines

[NormalTextureMaterial]
UseEffectShader=TRUE
EffectShaderName=TerrainEffect.fx
DepthBufferCheck=TRUE
DepthBufferWrite=TRUE

[WaterTextureMaterial]
UseEffectShader=TRUE
EffectShaderName=WaterEffect.fx
DepthBufferCheck=TRUE
DepthBufferWrite=FALSE

Simply comment out the Shader and Effect lines; it should look like this after your edits:

[NormalTextureMaterial]
//UseEffectShader=TRUE
//EffectShaderName=TerrainEffect.fx
DepthBufferCheck=TRUE
DepthBufferWrite=TRUE

[WaterTextureMaterial]
//UseEffectShader=TRUE
//EffectShaderName=WaterEffect.fx
DepthBufferCheck=TRUE
DepthBufferWrite=FALSE

*Note: you can always change the UseEffectShader= to FALSE, and this will also work (thanks to FastCargo for that fix!)

This will eliminate the CTDs caused by the shaders.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

= Some Notes:
I decieded to take on this project after spending nearly a week inside the IsraelME terrain, seeing what could be done to create a more historical map, reaching backwards in time to the War of Independnce, Suez Crisis, and those 'clashes' -before- the 6 Day War. TK's done a superb job with everything from 1967 onwards, but left it nearly impossible to recreate the earlier conflicts. Not to say it isn't doable by a good campaign guru, but why waste a good map???

With Gepards 2 maps, Suez and this full-sized Isreal2 -the latter for the most part- it was a simpler matter to do a little 'peaking and tweeking' to bring it more towards what I, and a few others, were looking for.

There are no real 'vehicle depots' that you've all come to expect in my maps; those will be forthcoming in the IsraelME upgrade, hopefully out in "2 weeks" <hahahahahahahaa>

I hope you enjoy it!! Now, lets see some campaigns!!!

Oh, and about that 'Easter Egg' I mentioned on the CA boards??? I'll give you coordinates...122896,297660 .. but I won't tell you what you'll find there ... no one can ... anyone who has gone out there, has never returned.....
But I've included a VERY short mission; the first ever that I've built for the 3rd Wire series, that will allow you to overfly this area (which actually should be many km to the west, and in semi-mountainous terrain, bordering desert.

-------------
For those using the TMF Weapons Pak:

As stated above, backup you gundata.ini and gundata.dat. before installing the one's I've provided

=================================
Credits:

Gepard for creating the map in the first place!!!
Polak, for a few of his goodies from "ObjectsPak1" via AF Midway Group (CFS2) - they REALLY dress up the place!!, to say nothing of his Desert Tile set;
Kesselbrut for the "Infantry" troops;
Nick Bell for the NATO AD Mod;
Lloyd NB and Johan217 for help and advice and other good things
USAFMTL w/Cheese for support and idears and stuff like that
Google Earth for map object placements! A superb resource!!
Any other folks I forgot, I apologize, and tip my hat to all of you!
And, of course, TK, for creating the sims in the first place!

-- Source Material Used to Help in Historical Data:

The Arab-Isarli Wars by Chaim Herzog
Shield of David: Illustrated History of the Israeli Air Force by Murray Rubenstein & Richard Goldman
The Fighting Isreali Air Force by BG Stanley Ulanoff & LC David Eshel
SSP #6066 Arab Air Forces by Charles Stafrace
Various and sundry sites all across the World Wide Web

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you have any problems, questions, comments, I can be reached in the usual places; CombatAce, SimHQ, Column5 or via the email addy below.

Happy Hunting!
Wrench
Kevin Stein

kjstein@ca.rr.com

--------------------------------------------
Legal BS:
This is freeware; it CAN be distrubuted if the original readmes and all other pieces of the package remain intact.
The names of all contributors, modders, suppliers, etc MUST be listed in any new readmes.
This package may NOT in any way, shape or form be used in any payware additions.
See the original readme documentation (if any) for further allowances and restrictions
Any persons wishing to make further modfications, MUST remember to put everyone's name in it...otherwise I =WILL= find you and you will discover what's at the Lowest Level of Hell ... :)
Bribes are accepted; ask for the day's going rates
-------------------------------------------

Et la c'est TRES compliqué!

Topic author
emcom1
Elève Pilote
Elève Pilote

Message par emcom1 »

Merci pour la reponse,
Voici les 2 read me.....et la j'ai un peu de mal a comprender

Terrain base:

ISRAEL 2 Terrain version 2.0 23.Dezember 2006
=====================

Israel Terrain INSTALLATION instruction:

1.) unzip all files into your Strike Fighters folder

2.) If you use WOV open WOV folder and copy file Israel2.ini into Israel2 folder

3.) If you use WOE open WOE folder and copy file Israel2.ini into Israel2 folder

For WOE and WOE you must download a desert terrain tileset seperatly!

The first versions of Israel terrain for SFP1 were very successfull. They were downloaded in high numbers from C6, Combatace, Avsim and other sources, but i was never really satisfied with it. The reason was, that the size of Israel terrain was only 60% of reality.
With the new terrain editor tool TK offered to the community i was able to make a terrain that is nearly correct scaled. But i had to rebuild the terrain completly from the scratch.

As promised i release the new terrain now short before Christmas.

What is new?

*Completly new terrain with enlarged size. It covers now also Cyprus and Lebanon
*additional terraintiles (Canal, Mountainwoood)
*airfields with multiple runways
*new designed SAM fence along the Suez Canal
the SAM Complex west of the Bitter Lake (Osiris) i designed using a report about the big air to SAM battle in 1970 between the Israelis and the Egytians. So Osiris should be more or less historical correct. The positions of the other networkes (Ra, Isis, Sala Uhudin) are more or less fiction. I also reduced the number of SAM sites, as requested by some players.
*number of target areas is now 292 (212 in the preview, 128 in Israel v1.5)
* I include a smoothed terrain height data file in folder Israel2/Smooth. Personaly i prefer the more rough standard terrain, but if you like a smooth terrain copy file Israel2.hfd from folder Israel2/Smooth into Israel2 folder
* I included also updated Panzer files. The T-34,T-54,T-55,T-62 have now coaxial machineguns and their performance is now a little bit more real.
*The SAM Fence along the Suez Canal now consits only between 1970 - 1976. In 1977 the Egyptians changed their AD startegy from area defence to point defence.

Update

Isreal 2 Terrain Upgrade for WoI 3/15/08

This is an extensive expansion of Gepard's "Isreal 2" full-scale map he made several years ago for SF/WoE/WoV. What this will do, is allow its usage in WoI (or any of the other games, for that matter), with a massive expansion of the target areas. Several new items have been added to the types ini, allowing the 1948-1967 timeframe for Historical missions and Campaigns in the Middle East region. This is NOT the full terrain, just a small package of inis, a few new objects, and some tiles for use with Polak's Desert Tile set (see Notes below for more information). Updated planning maps have been included, based off Gepard's originals.

It has been extensively upgraded, with new movement, targets and types ins. Water effects are active, so Vista users take note...more information for you is below in the Install Instructions. See "Notes for Vista Users" below.

It is reccomended (read: REQUIRED) that you have Pasko's SAMs and Vehicles Pak installed in your GroundObject folder; expecially the Desert skinned vehicles, plus any additional vehicles such as Kesselbrut's ZIL truck pak, Infantry paks, Moonjumper's fix for the BM-14-16 (adds working Kytusha rockets) and any other SAMS or AAA, vehicles or whatever strikes your fancy.

It is designed to use either the Bunyap or Mirage Factory Weapons Pak; some of the names for the IDF air defenses (ie: the HAWKs and their associated radars) and their 'arranements', are taken from Nick Bell's 'NATO Air Defense Mod'; these are the names used for the 2 HAWK radars. In addition, I've included 2 new Infantry units - one generic Arab and one IDF, based off Kesselbrut's 'Infanty Squads'. I've replaced the RPG/LAW with an automatic rifle. I've also given you my fully updated gundata.ini and gundata.dat files, which have all the needed guns.

As stated above, it is =specifically= designed for use with Wings Over Isreal. It has -also- been tested in SF, WoE and WoV;.expecting the fact the WoV users will need to get a new tile set. See "Notes for WoI Users With Only WoV" below.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
== Install Instructions: ==

Hope you get the point, as many times as I repeat it!!!

As I always reccomend, unzip "isreael2_upgrade" to a temp director that's easy to find.

= BACKUP THE FOLLOWING ORIGINAL INIS; this will allow for full restoration, if for some reason, you don't like this mod. The easiest way to create backups, is to simply reanme them "ori-***.ini", where *** is the original name of the ini. Another way is to create a new folder within the Isreal2 folder, name it "BACKUP", and just move the listed inis into there.

Inis to Back up are:

Israel2.ini
Israel2_Movement.ini
Israel2_Nations.ini
Isreal2_Targets.ini
Isreal2_Types.ini

After your renaming expedition, simply copy/paste, move or however you do it, the unzipped contents to the "Israel2" folder. This IS built with WoI in mind, so...there you go.

Take any folders from the "Add_to_GroundObjects_folder", and ... you guessed it ... copy/paste them into the GroundObjects folder. This will be the 2 infantry units.

If you have another gundata ini & gundata.dat in your /Object folder, back them up by renaming them to
'bak_gundata.ini' and
'bak_gundata.dat',

then copy/paste, move or however, the ones I've supplied into the /Objects folder. It has just about every gun now out, excepting perhaps the BK-27 from the Grippen.

Place the 'patrolboat.wav' into the /Sounds folder; put the 'PATROLBOAT_DATA.INI' into the PatrolBoat folder.

Place the 'CoolingTowerEffect.ini' in the /Effects folder.

NOTE: if you haven't already, PLEASE get the Pakso SAMs and Vehicle Pak Desert Skins, from either CombatAce or my site...there are many, many things in there you're going to need for this map. And want, for historical purposes, of course.

--------------------------------

: CATs and Tiles :

For those with SF and WoE, you can simply use the tiles supplied with the original Israel2 download. They will work just fine in your WoI install, as long as you follow the instructions below as to CAT pointers. There are some visual anomalies, and I've tried to fix them as best I could ... tiles is still not my thing, but this will help out a bit. I'm hoping someone will eventually fix the slight color differences on one of the 'flugplaz' tiles. I've matched to 2 desert ones, it's the mottled green that still a problem. You can just copy/paste them directly into the Isreal2 terrain folder. You'll find them in the "for_gepards_terrain_tiles" folder. There are 3 repainted tile bmps in there.
Simply copy/paste them into the Isreal2 terrain folder. If prompted to "Overwrite?", just say yes.

Just MAKE DOUBLE DAMN SURE YOU HAVE COPIED THE "DESERT" and/or "GERMANYCE'' TERRAIN FOLDERS INTO YOU WoI /Terrain's main folder. You =MUST= have these folders IN WoI for it to work. I can't stress that enough...

Of course, you can still choose an alternative tileset, as reccomended below for the WoV-VietnamSEA cat users. Polak's Desert tiles seem the best way to go.

WoV users; well, you poor bastards have some extra work to do, and that's covered a little later.

IMPORTANT -- Under NO circumstances use a cat pointer line back to the IsraelME.cat. There is a completly different naming convention now in use, and you will encounter more crap than you'll want to deal with. Follow my instructions, and all will be well. Really.

-Selecting the Proper CAT file to use: WoI users with SF and/or WoE--

Right now, as stated, it's set up to use the WoE GermanyCE.cat. SF/WoE users need do nothing further at this point. Go fly! Or, read on, as there might be something interesting for you, in regards to terrain tiles; its your choice to keep the originals, or use Polak's Desert Tiles. If you have the SF desert cat, go ahead and use them. (it just that Polak's look better around the Nile Delta -- I mean, really..it looks like the photos in Google Earth!!

Open the Israel2.ini in your text editor of choice....
As you can see in the example below, copied directly from the Israel2.ini, all the needed cat pointer lines are listed, just not activated....

[Terrain]
TerrainFullName=Israel 2
DogfightOnly=FALSE
CatFile=..\GermanyCE\GermanyCE.CAT
//CatFile=..\VietnamSEA\VietnamSEA.CAT
Longitude=29.0
Latitude=35.0

You'll note the commented out lines for SF desert.cat and WoV's VietnamSEA.cat. You just simply 'uncomment' them - remove the double slashes (//), and add them to the GermanyCE line. It should look like the examples below:

For SF:

CatFile=..\Desert\Desert.cat
//CatFile=..\GermanyCE\GermanyCE.cat

Same thing for WoE users:

//CatFile=..\Desert\Desert.cat
CatFile=..\GermanyCE\GermanyCE.cat

Don't forget to copy over those repainted terraintiles!!!

You shouldn't have any problems getting it to work.... if you do, you've simply not followed instructions.

--------------
Notes for Owners of WoV & WoI -Only- Owners:

Like I said above, you poor schmucks have a bit more work to do. Using this terrain, AS IS, with the cat pointer to the VietnamSEA.CAT, will cause a CTD with a 'terrainengine.dll' fault. This is something to do with the tiling,and can't be fixed without a TOTAL rebuild of the ENTIRE terrain HFD, TFD and other stuff I don't understand...

The easist and simplest way is to just replace the existing, original terrain tiles with something else. For this I reccomend using Polack's Desert Tileset. There are a few issues, that I've seen; mostly at the 'corners' where the transition tiles are, either the desert/farm or desert/city units. Instead of smooth curves, they're right angle changes of color/texture. This is livealbe, for now; hopefully someone will figure it out -- I'm just the 'targets ini guy'....I can't retile a terrain.

So...in the Isreal2.ini, make sure you cat pointer is as follows (and also MAKE DOUBLE DAMN SURE THE "VIETNAMSEA" TERRAIN IS IN YOUR WoI's /TERRAIN FOLDER!!!

[Terrain]
TerrainFullName=Israel 2
DogfightOnly=FALSE
//CatFile=..\GermanyCE\GermanyCE.CAT
CatFile=..\VietnamSEA\VietnamSEA.CAT
Longitude=29.0
Latitude=35.0

You'll see that we have activated the VietnamSEA.cat to be used.
So, I assume at this point, you've already gotten Polak's Desert Tile set from CombatAce.. here's the direct link to it, for those too lazy to go look for themselves ;)

http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?au ... wfile=4461

There is ALSO a small issue with some of the terrain tiles; along the Suez Canal and one of the 'flugplatz' tiles. I've supplied repainted ones in the "For_polaks_desert_tiles" folder. Simply copy/paste them into the Isreal2 terrain folder. If prompted to "Overwrite?", just say yes.

For All Users:
Do NOT, under any circumstances try to use the stock IsraelME terrain tiles -- they will NOT work, and will cause all sorts of visual anomolies and general strangeness.

--------------------------------------

---= Notes for Vista Users=---

With the water effects turned on in the data ini, you'll probably experience CTDs when either exiting a mission or at mission start. As we all know, this is a pretty easy fix, by eliminated the shader effects....

In the Isreal2_Data.ini, look for the following lines

[NormalTextureMaterial]
UseEffectShader=TRUE
EffectShaderName=TerrainEffect.fx
DepthBufferCheck=TRUE
DepthBufferWrite=TRUE

[WaterTextureMaterial]
UseEffectShader=TRUE
EffectShaderName=WaterEffect.fx
DepthBufferCheck=TRUE
DepthBufferWrite=FALSE

Simply comment out the Shader and Effect lines; it should look like this after your edits:

[NormalTextureMaterial]
//UseEffectShader=TRUE
//EffectShaderName=TerrainEffect.fx
DepthBufferCheck=TRUE
DepthBufferWrite=TRUE

[WaterTextureMaterial]
//UseEffectShader=TRUE
//EffectShaderName=WaterEffect.fx
DepthBufferCheck=TRUE
DepthBufferWrite=FALSE

*Note: you can always change the UseEffectShader= to FALSE, and this will also work (thanks to FastCargo for that fix!)

This will eliminate the CTDs caused by the shaders.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

= Some Notes:
I decieded to take on this project after spending nearly a week inside the IsraelME terrain, seeing what could be done to create a more historical map, reaching backwards in time to the War of Independnce, Suez Crisis, and those 'clashes' -before- the 6 Day War. TK's done a superb job with everything from 1967 onwards, but left it nearly impossible to recreate the earlier conflicts. Not to say it isn't doable by a good campaign guru, but why waste a good map???

With Gepards 2 maps, Suez and this full-sized Isreal2 -the latter for the most part- it was a simpler matter to do a little 'peaking and tweeking' to bring it more towards what I, and a few others, were looking for.

There are no real 'vehicle depots' that you've all come to expect in my maps; those will be forthcoming in the IsraelME upgrade, hopefully out in "2 weeks" <hahahahahahahaa>

I hope you enjoy it!! Now, lets see some campaigns!!!

Oh, and about that 'Easter Egg' I mentioned on the CA boards??? I'll give you coordinates...122896,297660 .. but I won't tell you what you'll find there ... no one can ... anyone who has gone out there, has never returned.....
But I've included a VERY short mission; the first ever that I've built for the 3rd Wire series, that will allow you to overfly this area (which actually should be many km to the west, and in semi-mountainous terrain, bordering desert.

-------------
For those using the TMF Weapons Pak:

As stated above, backup you gundata.ini and gundata.dat. before installing the one's I've provided

=================================
Credits:

Gepard for creating the map in the first place!!!
Polak, for a few of his goodies from "ObjectsPak1" via AF Midway Group (CFS2) - they REALLY dress up the place!!, to say nothing of his Desert Tile set;
Kesselbrut for the "Infantry" troops;
Nick Bell for the NATO AD Mod;
Lloyd NB and Johan217 for help and advice and other good things
USAFMTL w/Cheese for support and idears and stuff like that
Google Earth for map object placements! A superb resource!!
Any other folks I forgot, I apologize, and tip my hat to all of you!
And, of course, TK, for creating the sims in the first place!

-- Source Material Used to Help in Historical Data:

The Arab-Isarli Wars by Chaim Herzog
Shield of David: Illustrated History of the Israeli Air Force by Murray Rubenstein & Richard Goldman
The Fighting Isreali Air Force by BG Stanley Ulanoff & LC David Eshel
SSP #6066 Arab Air Forces by Charles Stafrace
Various and sundry sites all across the World Wide Web

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you have any problems, questions, comments, I can be reached in the usual places; CombatAce, SimHQ, Column5 or via the email addy below.

Happy Hunting!
Wrench
Kevin Stein

kjstein@ca.rr.com

--------------------------------------------
Legal BS:
This is freeware; it CAN be distrubuted if the original readmes and all other pieces of the package remain intact.
The names of all contributors, modders, suppliers, etc MUST be listed in any new readmes.
This package may NOT in any way, shape or form be used in any payware additions.
See the original readme documentation (if any) for further allowances and restrictions
Any persons wishing to make further modfications, MUST remember to put everyone's name in it...otherwise I =WILL= find you and you will discover what's at the Lowest Level of Hell ... :)
Bribes are accepted; ask for the day's going rates
-------------------------------------------

Et la c'est TRES compliqué!

sony tuckson

bon, comme expliqué, et pour faire court, pour WOI, tu vas ramer....
Il faut installer le terrain de WOV..., ajouter des "tiles" de Polak, et autres joyeusetés du même acabi

je suis pas chez moi, et donc, n'ai rien de tout ça sous la main pour tester la procédure

Perso, sous WOI je le ferais pas....sous WOE ou SFP1, moins de soucis et un vrai intérêt

Topic author
emcom1
Elève Pilote
Elève Pilote

Message par emcom1 »

Ok je te remercie pour la reponse mais c'est vrai que ca a l'air "tricky" a faire.....pour l'instant je n'ose pas trop.

Merci

Farmer
Pilote Confirmé
Pilote Confirmé

Message par Farmer »

Et comme déjà dit par Sony, cela n'a que peu d'intérêt sous WOI !

@+Farmer

sony tuckson

SoNy

1 seul N rodiddju!!!!

:exit:

Farmer
Pilote Confirmé
Pilote Confirmé

Message par Farmer »

Quoi ? J'ai rien fait ! :innocent:

@+Farmer ;)

Topic author
emcom1
Elève Pilote
Elève Pilote

Message par emcom1 »

En fait je voulais voir si il augmentait les defenses Arabes (+ de sam ect)mais oui l'install est trop lourde!

Merci

manetsim

Message par manetsim »

Farmer a écrit :Quoi ? J'ai rien fait ! :innocent:

@+Farmer ;)
Si t'as édité ton post !!!

Pis un seul N parce que par le passé il a eu des soucis avec la patrouille !!! :exit:
Bienvenue chez les LAMPASOUDISTES Flash Gordon du WiFi, suffisait d'y croire

Farmer
Pilote Confirmé
Pilote Confirmé

Message par Farmer »

manetsim a écrit :Si t'as édité ton post !!!
Damned, démasqué ! :tongue:

Répondre

Revenir à « Wings over : Viet Nam, Europe et Israël »