STEFOSTEF
Pilote Confirmé
Pilote Confirmé

Message par STEFOSTEF »

le lien sur ubi ici
ça vient de ce que Oleg à posté sur Sukhoi.ru

c'est long mais interressant

Greetings all,
As i promised i will start slowly translating what Oleg posted in Sukhoi.ru but keep in mind that it is very hard to translate, because they use this crazy slang and some things are simply hard to translate...just to due to russian language. I will not translate questions, because some of them take the whole page and Oleg would answer with 2 sentences. This will not be a word by word translation, but i will try to pass on general idea.

New quotes will be added as i go Smile

Here we go:

About Campaigns:
I just want to tell you guys that starting to vote on what should and should be not included in BOB is a bit early.

ОМ: Personally i preffer strategic campaigns like in original IL-2. But per users request we did add Dynamic campaign and with that we kept the ability of user in making his own campaigns. So right now in IL-2 we have both systems.
I am not a big fan about dynamic campaigns because i think that they are contradiction of historical facts. But some people like it and that`s why we added this system. Keep in mind that out of 3 different type of dynamic campaings that were offerened by devteam, users chosen Starshoy`s. Maybe someone remembers it?
What`s going to be in BOB - both, dynamic campaign and ability to make their own progressing campaings in both situation triggers will be designed to correspond to events.

About poor quality of ground.
ОМ. I am very sorry, but i have to remind you that ground detail vs performance in our sim is the best in the world. I don`t understand why should we introduce ground objects for Bob on outdated IL-2 engine? If you don`t like it...i will remind you one important aspect but it is not important but it`s desireable...but desireable is possible only when you have time and resources and all that is tight up to performance.
Tile system of ground textures not only succeeded but will be used in the future until computers will be able to load several gigabytes into memory and do it instantly before flight starts. And of course it will require powerful processor and graphics card that will allow to chew on all those textures. Please remember that sizes of maps , simulator versus FPS is two different things..
Roads in the future projects will not have sharp turns in 45-90 deg like in IL-2 but they will not be put on pixilated surface like in other games.
Forest will have pretty much the same technology but with several improvements...if you make forest not thick with separately standing trees it will require 3 times of computing power and even current most powerful CPU`s are not enough. If you don`t believe me, make forest out of stand along trees that goes for 10 km in FMB in current sim and try it...and then see if it`s really good or bad.

About individual details on the planes.

O.M. First, detail of the planes increased in our sim and we know this better then anyone else.
Second, i think that planes completed by us and not by 3rd party are less detailed then in IL-2. Complete opposite. If you can`t see it, i am sorry..
About pre-flight procedures
If you think that we planning to design pre-flight procedures for engine start, etc...you are making a mistake. We are not planning to do that. We are not making training program for one plane. Imagine for yourself that Ju-87 has about 40 pre-flight procedures, Me109 about 20. Now imagine that each plane has correct starting procedure... First we will need long list of instructions because it`s not just one plane, but many. Second, this is not profitable for us because market of simulators is not as profitable as other types of games and making something like this is absolute waste of money. Third, this type of masochism requested by maybe 1% of the users and out of this 1% many will try it one and after that will still use one button. Please don`t tell me that I am wrong about it, it comes from experiences of pervious simulators with exception of some enthusiasts that making addons of 1 plane for MS FS.
For example P-51 takes about 6 hours pre-flight procedure… and there you are, sitting there and drinking coffee until your plane is ready.

About dynamic weather.
OM. We are making it for BOB…and you can`t even imagine what it will be like.

About funny chatter in the sim.
OM: Funny, well find me someone that can make it better, but corresponding to following rules and I will pay for it. As listed below:

1. Has to be compatible and using all rules of European and Asian languages.
2. Has to take minimum amount of memory, that means it has to be generated from particles of key frases.
3. Record it on the several languages…say for BOB we will need…French, German, English UK, Polish, English Canada, Russian….etc…

About bad design of IL-2 series.

O.M. Did you ever think of why was it possible to install Pacific Fighters into IL-2FB/AEP and also have it as a stand alone. Probably because of bad design…I think that sometimes people call design not the right things…even graphics. But be sure that global optimal design is not graphics. At this moment we achieved something that others don`t have and will not have for a while. It is bad that people criticizing things without understanding the issue. At this point best thing is express your wishes and not criticize … because it`s better current design is better in many aspects then anyone else as far as flexibility and addition of new functionality. We set new standards and not planning to back out just to copy others and lose mobility and flexibility when it comes to global changes in the future.

About insufficient FMB in IL-2 series.

ОМ: For BOB we will include triggers, but I disagree that our mission builder is primitive, Basic concept and appearance of FMB will be transferred into BOB, but for different game engine…and we will add many new functions to it.

About FM and DM in BOB
ОМ: At this point we know what we doing but will not give out any details. And we may or may not need input on what should be done but even then BOB will go into beta stage not anytime soon… some time in 2006.

About system requirements.
Current systems will allow to run BOB at average settings. But not good enough for battles over London. Because in London even buses will move on the streets. Later on in the future projects ground forces will be moving too in mass, but not in BOB.

Abut future.

North Africa will be for sure,..maybe even Yugoslavia, I want to do it. Will see, as long as all that will be profitable.

About multi-processor and 64 bit support.

Actually IL-2 works with 2 and more processors, but how it works not defined by us, but by processors themselves and other factors.
We are taking advantage of Intel architecture, for a while now…maybe would even use AMD but they are not into making complex CPUs. They think that they got it all down as is…even that it is not always the case.
We will have 64bit fully functional system, not like in current beta…it will still require work. Time will show..

About dial up modem support
OM”: I think we will still support modems, but it`s possible that it will change. Reducing of network traffic is only possible with simplifying of passing functions…But I honestly believe that nobody will like it. People want complete opposite, to make multiplayer as close as possible to single player.

About difficulties with the manufactures.
Bombers will be included in the sim and only those that we have full references for…
There is no Problem with getting info, all you have to do is pay 30,000 pounds for photographs of 10 planes and all necessary archive documents, using that for commercial purposes. Those are prices of RAF Hendon. Usually I send prices like this far far away if we can`t reach other agreements. Then a lot of things in the majority of planes will be missing…instruments, version differences or simply blanks...
It`s not that simple as many would think.
Basically photos are far from being most important part …most important ones are blue prints, charts …etc. Other sim makes can use photos if they wish Wink

About Pacific on new engine.

Well, it`s going to take 5 years, not less…and if plane makers will keep asking this type of money for licensing, any desire to do this disappears.
Our plan is to eventually address all the theaters, but I am afraid that we might have difficulties with American planes.. in my understanding they should be paying us for advertisement of their even outdated , but still good products....

About multiplayer.
I would rather make online game then both, this is 100 times easier! But then, you will have to pay per play every month.
There are several models of pure Multiplayer games.

1. Basic one, you buy game at the store and play first month for free (included in the package) then you pay normally, every month.
In this scenario monthly payments going for improvement of that game and further modifications, which is not cheap when numbers of the players in thousands..money will go for new things depending on the type of game and of course some money is a profit.

Second model, downloading client part and playing for sometime on line for free…and then starting to pay if you like the game and would like to continue.
But everything else is like in the first model.
I hope you understand this concept if you didn`t play those type of games before…there are plenty og those, most famous one is Ultima Online. It was brining muillions of dollars because ot its popularity....
From aircraft related games you can nameWar Birds 1,2,3 , Aces High, Fighter Ace 1,2,3 and so on…also so called simulatetion like WW2 Online.
There are tons of games like this on the market. One of my guys plays Anarchy online after work and pays 12 bucks per month.

About promises.

We will never promise anything if it will not be included. Everything that we promised always eventually was included and a lot of things that we didn`t promise were included as well. This is the principle of the team that I am leading.

One more thing.

I want this engine to be up to date for at least 7 + years
The engine of IL-2 was designed in the same manner and it still have at least 2 years in it, it`s very flexible
Ok, bye everyone, I have to run home, buy some stuff in the store and see my kid , he didn`t see me all week, same with my wife.

The end Big Grin
Asrock E3 890GX Phenom II X6 @4ghz avec Corsair H50 8go SSD OCZ agility2 HD6950@ 6970 Seven 64
Hulk of Dover Never before in the fields of human gaming has so much been promised by so few and not been delivered to so many.

Merlin (FZG_Immel)
As du Manche
As du Manche

Message par Merlin (FZG_Immel) »

super, merci.. maintenant que c'est publique, NEWS ;)
1 Asus Z390-H - SSD M.2 EVO 970 - Intel I9 9900k@5.0ghz - 32gb DDR4 4000 - ZOTAC 2080ti AMP Extreme Core - Cougar FSSB + Cougar NN_Dan + HOTAS Warthog - Thrustmaster TPR Pedals - Track IR5
2 Asus Maximus VII Ranger - Intel I7 4970k@4.4Ghz - 16Gb Kingston fury - Asus 1080ti Strix OC
3 Asus Rampage III - Intel I7 950@3.33ghz - 6gb DDR3 Kingston - MSI GTX 970 4G - Track IR3 Pro VE

Snake (PB0_Foxy)

Message par Snake (PB0_Foxy) »

eh bah , le multi payant ^_^ si j'ai bien compris

Sv snake
I7 9700K - 32 Go RAM - Zotac RTX 3080 Trinity OC 10 GB - Thrustmaster TPR - HP Reverb G2 - Hotas warthog n°918
"Tant que l'on n'a pas tout donné, on n'a rien donné." Georges Guynemer

Merlin (FZG_Immel)
As du Manche
As du Manche

pas sur que ce soit ca qu'il ai voulu dire Snake--

mais a cette heure ci j'ai peut-être du mal avec l'olegien..
1 Asus Z390-H - SSD M.2 EVO 970 - Intel I9 9900k@5.0ghz - 32gb DDR4 4000 - ZOTAC 2080ti AMP Extreme Core - Cougar FSSB + Cougar NN_Dan + HOTAS Warthog - Thrustmaster TPR Pedals - Track IR5
2 Asus Maximus VII Ranger - Intel I7 4970k@4.4Ghz - 16Gb Kingston fury - Asus 1080ti Strix OC
3 Asus Rampage III - Intel I7 950@3.33ghz - 6gb DDR3 Kingston - MSI GTX 970 4G - Track IR3 Pro VE

Snake (PB0_Foxy)

Originally posted by Merlin (FZG_Immel)@11 Mar 2005, 02:01
pas sur que ce soit ca qu'il ai voulu dire Snake--

mais a cette heure ci j'ai peut-être du mal avec l'olegien..
tu m'etonnes :lol: en plus l'olegien c'est une langue morte quasiment :lol: seul un petit nombre de personne sait le parler couramment !!!

enfin moi je disais ca a cause de cette phrase :
you will have to pay per play every month.
qui veux dire ce que ca veux dire :lol:

Sv snake
I7 9700K - 32 Go RAM - Zotac RTX 3080 Trinity OC 10 GB - Thrustmaster TPR - HP Reverb G2 - Hotas warthog n°918

Moos_tachu
Banni
Banni

Message par Moos_tachu »

North Africa will be for sure
:D :D :D :banana: :banana: :banana:

Par contre le coup du multi payant ça fout les boules, espèrons que ça vient de la traduction... ^_^
Mud, Wind and Fire
Image Image

Merlin (FZG_Immel)
As du Manche
As du Manche

il a peut-être voulu dire..

you would have to pay per play every month.

faut se méfier avec l'Olegien-

Merlin (FZG_Immel)
As du Manche
As du Manche

About multiplayer.
I would rather make online game then both, this is 100 times easier! But then, you will have to pay per play every month.
There are several models of pure Multiplayer games.
du genre:
Pour le multijoueur.
Je prefererais d'abord faire le jeu multijouer, et après les 2 (sous entendre solo et multi), c'est 100 fois plus facile! Mais après, vous devrez (mais en principe il devrait dire "vous devriez" car il a employé le conditionnel pour preferer) payez pour jouer chaque mois.
Il y a plusieurs type de jeux purement multijoueur.

comme tu vois, c'est vague. Peut-être a-t-il voulu montrer que pour lui il serait plus facile de faire d'abord un jeu multi, et avec les recettes de ce multi payant faire une partie solo d'enfer..

enfin, moi c'est comme ca que je le comprend..

ne pas oublier que c'est traduit du russe vers l'anglais..

Moos_tachu
Banni
Banni

Message par Moos_tachu »

Oui oui, de toute façon je l'avais compris à peu près comme ça aussi ;)

N'empêche qu'il y pense, et que ça ne me dit rien qui vaille ^_^
Mud, Wind and Fire
Image Image

Snake (PB0_Foxy)

oui c'est clair , traduction approximative du russe a l'anglais , ce qui laisse forcement la porte ouverte a certaine mauvaises comprehension ! du moins esperons le :rolleyes:

SV snake

EFG_beber
Mécano au sol
Mécano au sol

Message par EFG_beber »

question de HelSqnProtos :
Ivan can you confirm that what Lexx wrote that BoB will be monthly pay to play online?????????????????????/

réponse de crasyivan:
@Protos: No, it`s not.

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/ubb.x?a=tpc&s ... 1801032092
Donc ça devrait être bon.

Elcap
Pilote Confirmé
Pilote Confirmé

Message par Elcap »

et si vous sortiez le passage en russe qu'on regarde ? :D :D

Pierre Alfaro
Jeune Pilote
Jeune Pilote

Message par Pierre Alfaro »

Même traduit de l'anglais traduit de l'Olegish, je trouve ce passage assez clair:

en substance, le on-line sera payant;

-soit un mois gratuit inclus avec l'achat du jeu puis paiement mensuel,

-soit téléchargement du programme de connexion au serveur on-line avec période d'essai gratuite puis paiement mensuel.

Dans les deux cas, le tarif de l'abonnement sera fonction du nombre d'abonné et les gains permettront de financer les évolutions du jeu et de faire gagner sa vie à Oleg Maddox. C'est le principe de nombreux jeux à succés comme Ultima online qui rapporte des millions de dollars, et comme Warbirds, Aces High, Fighter Ace, WW2 online. Oleg cite l'exemple d'un de ses employés qui joue à Anarchy et paye 12 $ par mois (indice??).

A mon point de vue, ça a au moins l'avantage de contourner le problème du piratage.

Crickey
Pilote Confirmé
Pilote Confirmé

Message par Crickey »

A mon point de vue, ça a au moins l'avantage de contourner le problème du piratage.
et du suivit d'un jeu et de sa rentabilité, afin que le concepteur/distributeur aient envie de le faire et qu'il perdure.

par contre y a t'il une stat' du nombre de joueur online? et qui de plus sont tres joueur (2 fois par semaines mini) car je pense qu'il faut etre accro pour payer une mensualité pour un jeu? et etre sur d'y jouer souvent.

je ne connait pas les jeux payant, mais de plus le jeu a interet a etre axés sur les désirata de cette clientèle, car si pas de offline et online ca branche pas assez de monde le jeu est mort né.

et quel serait donc l'axe de ce jeu?
Escadrille 352 "les Gladiateurs"

"z'avez le meme rouge ? Je suis fan de Schumacher "

Manfred Von Richthofen

Rickenbacher
Jeune Pilote
Jeune Pilote

Message par Rickenbacher »

Originally posted by STEFOSTEF@11 Mar 2005, 01:36
About individual details on the planes.

O.M. First, detail of the planes increased in our sim and we know this better then anyone else.
Second, i think that planes completed by us and not by 3rd party are less detailed then in IL-2. Complete opposite. If you can`t see it, i am sorry..
Là je ne suis pas sûr de comprendre ce qu'il veut dire....... :huh: :huh:
Brebis syndiquée

irimi
Mécano au sol
Mécano au sol

Message par irimi »

Euh moi j'ai très bien compris qu'il veut faire un jeu payant en online, etça me scie :ph34r:

Concernant le suivi des versions, j'aurais nettement préféré un système à la Half Life, avec un truc du genre Steam : on paye une licence (cher si Oleg veut vraiment des sous), qui donne le droit d'accès au jeu (on paye en fait un identifiant). Ensuite soit on a les CD/DVD, soit on installe juste un client pour télécharger le jeu, et la suite est gratuite.

Au lieu de ça d'après ce que j'ai lu (+1 Pierre Alfaro), on s'engage sur un truc à la World of Warcraft : on se fera plumer tous les mois, et si ça se trouve en plus on payera 40 à 50 € le CD, comme pour WoW ! J'ose même pas imaginer le prix de la plaisanterie au bout d'1-2 ans !

En plus j'ai un doute sur le bien-fondé du paiement :

- soit le jeu est orienté online et ne se conçoit qu'online (comme WoW), dans ce cas il faut qu'Oleg justifie le prix de l'abonnement en fournissant des serveurs dignes de ce nom, sécurisés, rapides, avec du contenu (campagnes persistantes, à plusieurs centaines de joueurs, etc.). Mais j'ai un gros doute là-dessus, parce que l'infrastructure lui coûterait plus cher que de courir après la doc pour les avions.

- soit le jeu se conçoit en gros comme l'existant, avec un mode solo (parce que oui, certains jouent à IL2 en solo et ne jouent même que comme ça des fois !) et un mode online souple (càd qu'on est pas tenu de jouer sur un serveur officiel Oleg mais qu'on peut faire du LAN ou des serveurs dédiés maison), auquel cas BoB serait le premier jeu à faire un abonnement pour ça !

J'ose même pas imaginer ce que des joueurs de Counter Strike diraient s'ils devaient payer un forfait pour jouer sur leur propre serveur, qu'ils payent parfois très cher d'ailleurs !

J'espère que cette histoire est un énorme malentendu, parce que si ça n'est pas le cas je ne me vois pas un seul instant débourser du fric mensuellement pour ça. Même si BoB est le simu warbirds du siècle par ailleurs.
CONFIG : Ordinateur avec écran, souris et plein d'autres trucs dedans (je te raconte pas), ou branchés dessus avec des fils, multiprise 220V, table en bois avec tiroir, fauteuil qui se penche quand on appuie sur la petite manette, coca, et un tit truc en bois pour reposer les pieds.

jeanba
As du Manche
As du Manche

Message par jeanba »

Dans le post original, Crazyyvan a clarifié :
Il dit que le texte sur le jeu online est simplement une description générale sur les systèmes existants, et ne fait pas forcément référence à ce qui sera fait pour Bob.
"Tu as peur, Boyington, tu refuses le combat" (Tomio Arachi).

Warlordimi
Pilote émérite
Pilote émérite

Message par Warlordimi »

Lui non plus :rolleyes:

-Les pilotes de chasse font des films, les pilotes de bombardiers ecrivent l'histoire!!!;
-Quand les allemands volent, les alliés tombent. Quand les britanniques volent, les allemands tombent. Et quand les américains volent, tout le monde tombe!!!

C6_Snoop
Nouvelle Recrue
Nouvelle Recrue

Message par C6_Snoop »

Ouai exactement beaucoup de joueur joue off line donc tout ceux la seront perdu pour Oleg et puis en fesant payé par mois il perdra les pilote qui ne sont pas tout a fait accro au jeu et pour en revenir au piratage sa ne changera rien des personne trouveron comment le craker puis le distribuer sur le net les utilisateur ayant piraté le jeu seront bloqué au bout d"un moi.
<span style='color:yellow'>Et bon vol !</span>

Merlin (FZG_Immel)
As du Manche
As du Manche

FAUT LIRE avant de paniquer !!! c'est bien ce que je pensais.. c'était une hypothèse Olegienne.

Shane
Pilote Confirmé
Pilote Confirmé

Message par Shane »

a mon avis.. avoir un jeu en constante evolution s'il est vraiment tres bien.. ca vaut la peine de payer..
les gars sont prets a mettre une fortune dans un pc, mais dans le jeu auquel ils jouent le plus non.. ca me semble un peu decale.

perso je ne suis pas contre le principe du paiement mensuel si le contenu le justifie.
P182, Z68XP UD3, I5 2500K@4,2Ghz, 12Go DDR3 PC12800 9 9 9 24, Asus Geforce GTX580 1,5Go, HDD 10.5To, PSU Antec 750W Bronze modulaire, Moniteur LG W2600HP-BF 26" LCD, FFB2, CH Product Pro Pedals, Track IR 2.
Crucial RealSSD C300 64Go.

Shane .Michel.

irimi
Mécano au sol
Mécano au sol

Message par irimi »

Eh ben j'ai donné ma réponse dans le cadre où l'hypothèse se vérifierait. Je pleurerais dans mon coin sans jouer à BoB parce que je ne pourrais pas payer... Ou s'il n'y a pas un vrai service dément et des serveurs, je ne voudrai pas payer.
CONFIG : Ordinateur avec écran, souris et plein d'autres trucs dedans (je te raconte pas), ou branchés dessus avec des fils, multiprise 220V, table en bois avec tiroir, fauteuil qui se penche quand on appuie sur la petite manette, coca, et un tit truc en bois pour reposer les pieds.

C6_Snoop
Nouvelle Recrue
Nouvelle Recrue

Message par C6_Snoop »

Idem pour moi :P
<span style='color:yellow'>Et bon vol !</span>

Rickenbacher
Jeune Pilote
Jeune Pilote

Message par Rickenbacher »

Originally posted by C6_Snoop@11 Mar 2005, 11:46
Ouai exactement beaucoup de joueur joue off line donc tout ceux la seront perdu pour Oleg
Dans le cas où BoB online serait effectivement payant, ça ne poserait pas de problèmes pour les offliners....à l'époque j'avais acheté Warbirds III ( en attendant EAW) et je jouais uniquement offline, j'avais pas besoin de payer l'abonnement pour ça. :)
Brebis syndiquée

SGR_Rakk
Mécano au sol
Mécano au sol

Message par SGR_Rakk »

Oleg ferait-il son étude de marché ?

Si personne ne proteste, il va sûrement valder un choix pay/month
Je pense qu'il teste là sa future stratégie commerciale.

Peut-on demander à Oleg d'éclairer son propos, ça nous ferait gagner du temps.
D'avance merci :D

Obus au But !
i7-870 2.93 GHZ - Zotac GTX 580 1536 Mo DDR5 - 8Go GSKill DDR 3 - Windows 7 integral 64bit - Corsair Alim
Répondre

Revenir à « IL-2 1946 »